Thread: Robbing

Default Robbing

We are just on the edge of a nectar flow….some yards are putting up honey but in those that are still not….robbing is a risk when feeding.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Default Re: Robbing

Are they all from packages or splits?

Quote Originally Posted by billybwf View Post
    Are they all from packages or splits?
    They're from splits. For some reason that particular nuc has taken the brunt of this yard's robbing. After the dust settled, I opened and checked it out. The queen was still laying...and there seemed to be a good population of workers but no honey. I now have the entrance reduced and fed them today (rainy and cold)...and am hoping that the nectar will begin to flow soon.
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

nice lookin' yard there dan.

it's nice when they don't kill the queen.

the forecast looks good for foraging up here starting tomorrow.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Thanks SP. Things are finally starting to happen here too. I went into a couple of yards earlier this week and they were bringing in nectar like crazy. Then I'd go to a different yard....nada. A touch of sunny, seventy degree weather and I think they're all going to boom.