Default Are we beekeepers or bee landlords ?

Providing the proper housing and resources to hopefully receive payment occasionally.
    Bees are free to come and go at will or just leave. I believe I'm a bee landlord.
    Poppy's Bees, Queens, and Honey
    Mammoth Cave, KY

Default Re: Are we beekeepers or bee landlords ?

I think the analogy applies. Some like me are slumlords and regularly run welfare projects where they non working can survive as well as those who don't. The over achievers are taxed until they need welfare. Heck, I am not the landlord. I am the bee guvmint!

Since I don't expect much in return and will probably never exceed the amount of money and effort put into it to the point I could call it a profit margin, I would just call it a push.

I am stingy with my welfare because I know they can survive if it is possible for them too. And they will be better bees if they pull thru.

It is a hobby, something to pass the time, relieve stress, and enjoy/

I figure if I'm stealing their honey, which was their emergency reserve, then I'm at least responsible to make sure they don't starve if the emergency comes to pass. Plus, I should at least try to help them out when I can... They can live in a tree for free...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Sounds to me like y'all are sticking those poor bees in your nursing homes and taking everything they got. And they ain't no where near retirement age! Ought to be ashamed of yourselves!
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Bees aren't a domesticated animal. They are wild & free.
    You might own the box but do you really own the bee.
    Dan

Hopefully the neighbors don't get to close and the bees jump em. Then the judge will decide who owns them
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill