Default How does one find a beekeeper looking for land for their hives? (San Diego)

My family has some land in San Diego's backcountry. We used to have a relationship with a beekeeper who had hives located throughout the East County, but he was affected by the fires (and then a fire at a processing plant?) and never returned.

We'd be open to some sort of arrangement with a beekeeper. I contacted a couple local beekeepers and the local beekeeping society, but got no response.

When I search for beekeepers on the Internet, all I get is swarm removal.

Is there a matchmaking system somewhere for apiarists and interested landowners?

Thanks,

T.

Default Re: How does one find a beekeeper looking for land for their hives? (San Diego)

My personal "matchmaking system" is craigslist. I've posted an ad this year and last looking for places to put new apiaries. Most of the responses I get are for farms too far away for me, though I specifically put my county in the ad. But I've gotten a couple of other possibilities and others here have used CL, as well. I'd suggest starting there. -js

Default Re: How does one find a beekeeper looking for land for their hives? (San Diego)

I'd say right here is a pretty good place...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF