Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Louisburg nc
    Posts
    24

    Default New guy from N.C.

    New guy from North Carolina. Been thinking about bees for a few years and my step father started keeping bees in wv last year, go, why not. No bees yet, but our local bee association is having a beginning beekeeping clas next month and I plan on going.

    Edit to say, I'm reading other topics trying to learn, but will be grateful for any pointers/tips, etc.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rader, Greene County, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    6,118

    Default Re: New guy from N.C.

    Welcome to Beesource!

    I find Michael Bush's beekeeping site very useful:
    http://www.bushfarms.com/bees.htm
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Louisburg nc
    Posts
    24

    Thumbs Up Re: New guy from N.C.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    Welcome to Beesource!

    I find Michael Bush's beekeeping site very useful:
    http://www.bushfarms.com/bees.htm
    O yea, found link to that site a few days ago, veerrrryyyy interesting. Learning a lot.
    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,366

    Default Re: New guy from N.C.

    Welcome to the club!
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Alachua County, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,926

    Default Re: New guy from N.C.

    Welcome J!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Randolph, NC, USA
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: New guy from N.C.

    Howdy neighbor!

    Fellow NC beek here. I started a class at the end of Jan, and it ends in a week or two. They are very helpful, and the association members are eager to help newbeeks. Hope you enjoy it!

    I plan to start this year after a few years reading as well. Good luck to you! Whereabouts in NC if you don't mind? Piedmont/triad here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jipow View Post
    New guy from North Carolina. Been thinking about bees for a few years and my step father started keeping bees in wv last year, go, why not. No bees yet, but our local bee association is having a beginning beekeeping clas next month and I plan on going.

    Edit to say, I'm reading other topics trying to learn, but will be grateful for any pointers/tips, etc.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Summerfield, NC
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: New guy from N.C.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Louisburg nc
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: New guy from N.C.

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyDurden View Post
    Howdy neighbor!

    Fellow NC beek here. I started a class at the end of Jan, and it ends in a week or two. They are very helpful, and the association members are eager to help newbeeks. Hope you enjoy it!

    I plan to start this year after a few years reading as well. Good luck to you! Whereabouts in NC if you don't mind? Piedmont/triad here.
    Hey, thanks for the welcome. I live in Franklin county, so not very far from you.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pickens County, South Carolina, US
    Posts
    823

    Default Re: New guy from N.C.

    Welcome to the site!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Ads