Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mann Lake Testimonial

I have ordered from Mann Lake for several years and they always get it done. I also order items from Dadant and Western Bee but ML is hard to beat. I ordered $800.00 worth of ritecell foundation and a few nuc boxes from them on Monday of this week. Total weight was over 365 lbs, 9 individual boxes were delivered via UPS today ! Quite frankly I don't know how they do this. Needless to say there was no need to shop around to try to beat this deal. Their prices on plastic foundation and frames are excellent and with the free shipping its a great deal. Many times I have ordered items from Western Bee and the shipping is almost as much as the cost of the items. I have a larger order to place next week for some boxes but I needed the foundation right away. Those of you who live nearby a manufacturer and can pick up your stuff to avoid freight are lucky.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

Default Re: Mann Lake Testomonial

Mann lake does have great service. I wonder if they will ship surface freight? If they will, you would be amazed how much money you will save by picking up your stuff at the local freight terminal. Western Bee does it and it makes their woodware about unbeatable.

Mann Lake does ship freight direct to my house. Actually I asked them to use UPS as I was going to be out of town next week and wouldn't be there to meet the driver. They said no problem. I got a quote on 50 med. shallows and some other misc. items from Western Bee and they quoted me over $165 for freight. The price on their boxes is less than ML but not after you add in that freight.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

My Mann-Lake orders have increased in size over the years. The free shipping amazes me and makes me happy.
    Two years running, I've had a SpeeDee Delivery tractor/trailer dropping of pallets of stuff at the end of my driveway. If you don't have a loading dock, make sure that you ask for a truck with a lift gate when you place your order. In this photo, the lift gate was damaged the day before and we unloaded by hand. The driver insisted on helping.

IMG_1076.jpg
    -Phil Domeier
    www.nowthenhoney.com

Couple of notes.

If you see the new wherehouse in Woodland you would realize they ain't broke or going that way at all currently.

As I can attest from shipping package bees the discounts one receives from UPS for high $ volume is very high. Some years we get back over 35% of the "basic" published rates. Not sure what ML charges for UPS but its my guess is that the $100.00 and under crowd might even be subsidizing the big purchases.

They make money on volume......... simple enough.

I order almost everything from Mann Lake anymore, except for the occasional oddball item that they don't carry. They get my orders to me faster than any other supplier, and even though their prices increased a little bit when they started offering free shipping, they are still cheaper than anyone else once once you add in the price of shipping. I've never had a bad experience with ML.

Nothing but kudos for them from me. I placed an order on Friday and met the UPS man in my driveway today. Happy Valentines day to me. A small order compared to some on here, 200 frames, 200 sheets of pierco, a few wax molds and some queen grafting tools and about a dozen excluders. Very well packaged and 'free shipping' to boot on nearly a 300 pound order. Saving up for some Maxant stuff now.

When they send you an email conformation for an order CHECK IT I just found 3 mistakes on a 10 item order, called back and they said it would be fixed glad I checked.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

ordered 20 "mill run" nucs with out tops or BB's. Fine product, fine fit, and I can't buy the boards for the price of the nucs.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

Got another email and it shows the order corrected now to see what is on the "Brown Truck" next week.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Thumbs Up Re: Mann Lake Testomonial

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I order almost everything from Mann Lake anymore, except for the occasional oddball item that they don't carry. -snip-
    Me too. Was sad to order NUC inner covers, telescoping covers and queen excluders from another supplier last night. I have found ML quality and consistency on par with other major suppliers.
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

Mann Lake is doing its part on helping the beekeepers thats for sure. Thanks Mann Lake for the free shipping. Keep going with it ,please

Not knocking Mann Lake--Good folks. Just TANSTAAFL!! There are no such things as a free lunch. Price points are cleverly placed to make shipping costs seem as painless as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    There are no such things as a free lunch.
    Well said Vance, I just unloaded 30 pallets of preassembled 9 1/8 frames from Dadant wont shop anywhere else for frames.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Customer service has been fantastic for me. Prices may be a bit more, but their frames and supers are top notch. The one order that was not cut well was replace in its entirety.

No free lunch? I bought a 19 frame extractor from man lake. Three things I would like to point out. #1 cost less than the competitors. #2 Free shipping - packaged on a pallet with a wooden frame all around, competitors will charge to crate it and to ship it. #3 it arrived quickly and right to my front door. so All in all I svaed a couple hundred bucks, so I think I can now afford a free lunch or two.... and then with the " bee bucks" I got from them I turned around and bought a bunch of pollen patties and they were shipped free too...... another free lunch... for the bee's

Same here. After dealing with other places and locals I order only from ML. Great people great product no hassles. Free shipping and bee bucks are just a bonus.

Yes, Mann Lake is exceptional, I cannot believe how fast my order arrives, and right at my door. No tracking it down at the post office, trying to match the time they are open to my work schedule. I have done a lot of price checking and their items are cheaper even before the free shipping.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." year 3, 14 langs and 2 top bars
    www.4cornersbeekeepers.com

I have never had a problem that they were not friendly and more than willing to make it right. My problems with them have been few and far between.

Mann Lake has always done me right! Can't beat the free shipping. I am about two hours from Brushy Mountain. But you figure the gas and sales tax, Mann Lake any day!
    All beekeepers can agree on one thing, and that one thing is, that all beekeepers can't agree on one thing.