Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Mann Lake Testomonial

One of the biggest things I like about Mann Lake is the ease in re-ordering. Once you get your account established you can look at past invoices and just hit the reorder button. It's a simple, but effective device to keep everything consistent such as frames and foundation for supers. I have used both Mann Lake and Dadant, but for ease of use and great service I pick Mann Lake. I do have a Dadant supply house about 2 hours away, but like beehonest states, after time and gas...

Just received some economy boxes from ML. Smoothest cuts I have seen! Competitor boxes ripped with dull saws, their best boxes!.
    Julysun elevation 23 feet. 4 Hives, 2 years.

I guess Mann Lake works out pretty good for big orders. The only experience I had with them was ordering through Amazon a box of frames and Ritecell foundation. It took them about two weeks to ship, which was expected from the reviews on Amazon. The foundation was kind of disappointing though. The only brand I used before was Pierco and after using it Ritecell was kind of a put down. There was barely any wax on it at all. I had to buy a pound of wax and wax it myself. Later on, reading comparisons of different foundations, I found out that bees prefer Pierco to Ritecell

Default Re: Mann Lake Testimonial

If they carried F style frames I don't know that I would need to shop anywhere else?

I've been using Mann Lake since I started a few years ago and I am quite happy with their prices and terms. Their Northern California facility has moved across the freeway from where it was located and I go there when I need supplies that might not be covered with free shipping. Glass containers come to mind. It's not very far away; I'm very lucky to have an equipment supplier so close!!

"If you see the new wherehouse in Woodland you would realize they ain't broke or going that way at all currently."--sure seems they do a ton of 'commercial' business, doesn't it?

The new showroom/retail shop is great! It seemed to contain a lot more products on shelves than the older shop, which made browsing nice. There was an area where all the extracting/bottle machines are located!!

I like a few other suppliers that I have tried but Mann Lake has really impressed me with consistent deliveries and good quality and nice customer service. The website is easy and the free shipping rocks. I'm glad that they are getting good press with this thread. They have earned it.

Done a lot of business with Mann Lake, and generally been happy. Be warned, though, they can be slow to ship as compared to other suppliers. Put an order in last Sunday....still waiting for it to ship.

Me too and I've called Thursday and Friday. Both days they said it would be shipped that day, still no shipping. They are blaming it on the new PA store. I'm aggravated at the lack of honesty. First time for that in over 4 years. I would have ordered somewhere else if I'd known. I'm almost out of patties and need some.

Quote Originally Posted by camero7 View Post
    Me too and I've called Thursday and Friday. Both days they said it would be shipped that day, still no shipping. They are blaming it on the new PA store. I'm aggravated at the lack of honesty. First time for that in over 4 years. I would have ordered somewhere else if I'd known. I'm almost out of patties and need some.
    I haven't gotten a response from them yet. They seem to be having issues of late. Contrast that with Better Bee. I had to pay for shipping, but I ordered on Friday and it was on my doorstep Tuesday.

I placed an order on 4-16 and I received it via truck today at 330 pm. Very impressed with how fast shipping is with Mann lake. No email stating it was shipped but I don't really care now that i have my nucs boxes that were supposed to be back ordered.

you were lucky. My order placed 4/6 arrived around 2:30 today. this is the first time I've had a bad experience from them.

I placed an order on 4-16 and I received it via truck today at 330 pm.
    Same day service?

Tom

with their free shipping program mann lake likes to ship orders complete to lower their cost, call and ask if something is on back-order if you are in a hurry.

If you have followed this thread I called twice and was given bad information.

Agreed. ML's super slow shipping is getting worse and worse. I have been averaging 3 weeks from order to delivery.

I switched to Betterbee. I pay for shipping but I always get orders the next day.
    Pearl City Apiary Michael and Loucil Bach