Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: years invested until commercial

Very nice. All things come to those who wait. How fortunate for you.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Little View Post
    you went from 8 nucs to over 300 + in 3 years !? wow you must have invested a large chunk of money in bee packages or nucs ? And here i was a little concerned about buying another 5-6 this spring .Ben
    You have to figure at least $200 per hive. That covers brood chamber and supers, bee's and % of truck and forklift. I spend 20k or so each year on build up from my day job. Maybe some day I can get rid of the day job.

That's a large chunk of change ! 20 K ... That is my entire take home pay for the year. Wow.

Another reason i would like to have a second income other than my wife to be's . With the price of gas rising and everything else effected by it going up , it's hard to live on that . even being very careful with our money , it's seems there isn't much left over LOL I'm sure there is a lot of people doing the same or worse , I am just trying to make the most out of my life .

Ben

Very well said and put Joel.

Ben, what's your goal? What's your dream? What are you willing to give up to reach your goal or dream. I imagine that most people enjoy their standard of living and aren't willing to sacrifice it to become a full time beekeeper. If you are a good businessman maybe you don't have to. But, unless you can get your spouse fully involved and willing to travel w/ you, you will spend a lot of time apart. Michael Palmer and others like him being the exception.

If you are serious about expansion into fulltime beekeeping and don't want to travel w/ your bees and spend a lot of time away from home and family follow Michael Palmers way. It works for him and works well.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123