Default Bee suit/jacket recommendations?

Does anyone know about the Blue Sky suits that advertise on this page? They are kind of pricey but look interesting. The colored ones look like pajamas though. It seems that these run from $60 to a couple of hundred.

Default Re: Bee suit/jacket recommendations?

I dunno about blueskys bee suits but I like the jacket/veil I got from Dadant for around $55...
    I did around 15 cutouts last summer and it worked perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeman410 View Post
    I dunno about blueskys bee suits but I like the jacket/veil I got from Dadant for around $55...
    I did around 15 cutouts last summer and it worked perfect.
    15 cutouts ...That's quite a recomondation! Thanks! I'll take a look at them.
    Hamp

I like my ultra breeze, if there is a breeze it blows through the jacket. http://ultrabreezesuits.com/suit/order_2011.htm
    Dan

fwiw I wear a pair of jeans, old long sleeved white shirt, pith helmet and veil. Sometimes gloves. Beekeepers got along real well for an awful long time without spending big bucks on fancy suits. fwiw.
    Regards,
    Steven
    Last edited by StevenG; 02-11-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: misspelling
    "If all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail." - A.H. Maslow

There are plenty of choices on suits that range in price, design and craftsmanship.

In addition to our BBWear suits, which are made in the UK of a high performance polyester/cotton blend, we also offer a 100% US Made/US Cotton suits and jackets. We have chosen not to offer the suits made in China, Pakistan and India at this time, as we have seen the lower quality craftsmanship and irregular sizing. That being said, we fully understand their attractive price-points and if that drives your purchasing decision then they may well serve your needs.

Our BBWear suits are used by some of the largest commercial beekeepers in the US, due to their quality materials/design and they often purchase 5 or more at a time. We offer a custom sizing option at NO ADDITIONAL fee, so if you take your measurements on our sheet--you have a suit made especially for you. The colors are primarily personal preference, however colors like sage offer advantages when moving bees at night, so that they are not attracted to white in the night light. Colors are also useful at meetings or in crews to differentiate speakers and workers.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions and we look forward to serving you any way we can. We know you have many choices in the gear you use. We will always be honest and if another supplier can better meet your immediate needs, we will encourage and respect that as we can't be everything to everybody.

This thread has feedback on us and the BBWear suit. It's not all 100% glowing, but it's honest. We are always looking to improve and are thankful we have the opportunity to do that.
    Blue Sky Bee Supply
    Quality Bee Supplies, Bees and Containers!

I just received my jacket from Brushy Bee Farm in yesterday. Very comfortable and cost me $55.

Thank you one and all! I'm trying to return to beekeeping after an 18 year hiatus and it seems that a lot of things have changed. I had three different suits years ago…none of which I was just thrilled with. The one I used the most was a cotton jumpsuit from Kelley with a helmet veil. I think if I had it to do over I'd go with a hood instead of a helmet though.
    Hamp
    Where are we and what's with this hand basket?