Default biblio resource from Bee Culture

G'day,
    I am eagerly looking for the following reference:
    CONNOR L, 2004. Stimulating drone development during winter in Florida. Bee Culture.132:27-29
    It's apparently a review of Larry Connor's experience with raising drone in counter-season, for more accurate maitings.
    I am myself not a subscriber for long enough for that magazine neither have I been able ot source it online so far.
    Hopefully someone from the beesource community would have the magazine in his/her bookshelves and would not mind to scan and email a copy to me.
    Alternatively someone might know ab out an online resource centre where I could trace the article back.
    Thank you very much for your help.

Default Re: biblio resource from Bee Culture

here's an article from the same author and publication on drone saturation -
    from his website

http://www.wicwas.com/document%20fil...ryJune2006.pdf

not exactly what you were looking for, but hope it helps

Check the stacks at your local University.

Thx Arrowwood,
    The link you provided is surely interesting. Dr Connor point of view is along the same lines I'm currently experimenting: raising local queens! O this subject his book Bee Sex Essentials is a pleasant read.
    BUT I'm still curious to read about his experience with stimulating drone brood production. As Dr Connor quickly mentioned it
    "DHC’s [drone holding colonies] may be made up in one region of the country or state and moved to another, creating early season mating conditions"
    Therefore I wish to know which limiting factors (nutrition, temperature, light period...) Dr Connor was able to twist in order to have selected colonies raising good drones at a time where feral drones can't be seen. It could as well be a powerful tool in order to achieve targeted mating.
    As a consequence, I'm still out for the Bee Culture article. Could you have a look on your bookshelves guys, please.
    Cheers.

posted prematurely ...
    Graham
    --- Victor Hugo - "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

@ arrowwood

Thanks for the article and link.