Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Newbee from Manitoba

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ian 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.
I will be new to bee keeping this year in Manitoba, Canada. I plan to start with 5-10 hives and hope to expand my operations as I become more familiar and comfortable with it. I recently visited the farm of Ian who posts regularly on this forum and was amazed by his operations and appreciative of his willingness to share his knowledge and experience with me as well as show me around his wintering operations. I hope to forge relationships with other bee keepers and apologize in advance for my inexperience and any questions that may arise from that inexperience.

#3 ·
Welcome Josh!!
I did a lot of reading, maybe a year or so before I even started to post.
I learned a lot and found most of my questions were being asked by others as well. There are many people who are generous with their information.
a Canadian expat living in Indiana
Doreen

#8 ·
You are extremely lucky to have fallen in with the notorious Ian! You could do worse than getting all your advice from him. I advise you to get all your advice from him. He knows your conditions better than anyone else on the forum. Hit him up for a job in his honeyhouse come fall in exchange for bees and offer to ride along with him when he is working his bees. Beekeepers love free labor. If you don't smell bad, he may go for it and you will get a quality education. I wish I could ride along and pick his brain but I am old and smell bad most days. Sorry for putting the heat on you Mr. Steppler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.