Default International Shipping

I was online looking for some buckfast queens. I found some old country buckfast queens from Ireland. If I wanted to order these queens, what kind of hoops would I have to jump through to get the queens into the US.

Default Re: International Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by beecrazy101 View Post
    I was online looking for some buckfast queens. I found some old country buckfast queens from Ireland. If I wanted to order these queens, what kind of hoops would I have to jump through to get the queens into the US.
    http://www.aphis.usda.gov/plant_heal...es/index.shtml

Importation of Honey Bees (Apis mellifera mellifera) and Beekeeping Equipment
    Adult queen honey bees and package bees (worker bees, drones, with a queen) can be imported into the continental United States (i.e. not including Hawaii) from Canada and New Zealand:

General Shipping Requirements for the Importation of Honey Bees:

Whole colonies in hive bodies cannot be imported from any country.
    Used beekeeping equipment cannot be imported from any country for use in beekeeping.
    adult honey bees from any country other than Canada and New Zealand and honey bee brood from any country are restricted.
    Importation of honey bee queens and package bees from Australia is prohibited.

However:
    Importation of Honey Bee Germplasm
    Honey Bee germplasm can be imported from Australia, Bermuda, Canada, France, Great Britain, New Zealand, and Sweden provided the following the conditions are met in the Requirements for the Importation of Honey Bee Germplasm. For honey Bee germ plasm from any other country see the section on Importation of Restricted Articles and Organisms.

Thank you for the quick info. I already called and got the info being emailed to me for the permit. I also got the number for the bee expert Wayne Wehling to talk to about the import of the bees.

Beecrazy,
    Were you successful in importing queens or honey bee germplasm?