Question fork lift ? skid steer ?

Hi all , i am searching for opinions on what to save up for . I want to have a back when i am older , so i would like to buy something to help with that : ) I live in Nova Scotia Canada, and i have searched Kijiji and auto trader ect for a good rough terrain forklift and skid steers and all i can find is something that costs way too much money ! typically if i am looking to buy a good used fork lift or skid steer , what type or make is good ? and is a forklift better than a skid steer , vise versa. also what price range is a typical skid steer or fork lift ? other than my budget

I like to buy things once , so i try to research everything to death before getting it.

i like the ezyloaders too , but i thought that a machine might be more useful other places too.

Thank you

Ben

Default Re: fork lift ? skid steer ?

Hey Ben head on down to the Commercial forum, lots of good reading and some spirited debate on the subject.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I think a FORK LIFT off cement would be worthless

Just get forks for your skid steer
    Peter W., Belgrade, MT, Elv. 4420 Zone 4a
    Sheepshank Honey, 4 yrs & 27 hives

unless you are good on a skid steer you will bounce around a lot . put a 5 gal bucket of water on a skid then drive around . look for a small articulated loader like a swinger or some thing like that . alot smoother ride good luck Tom

Quote Originally Posted by turtle95 View Post
    look for a small articulated loader like a swinger or some thing like that . alot smoother ride
    Much easier on the girls.