Default Stainless Honey Tanks on Ebay

Was wondering if anyone here has purchased one of these tanks. Looks like they have many different sizes. I like the idea of locking the top down. I personally do not know the brand or where they are made. If you have one? How is the quality and would you reccomend buying one? Thanks for any comments.

Default Re: Stainless Honey Tanks on Ebay

I bought one from propolisis on ebay 3 years ago, holds 100 lbs . The brand is OBS short for Orient Bee Supply, they are imported from China? The quality is good , just don't get in a bidding war and it can be a great deal. Dan

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    The quality is good , just don't get in a bidding war and it can be a great deal. Dan
    In early December, a couple of them went for $60-80. Now they're always fetching over a $100. I'd like to snag one, but I'm fixated on the lower price point.
    I love the smell of nectar in the morning.

tanks might possibly glow in the dark

Quote Originally Posted by irwin harlton View Post
    tanks might possibly glow in the dark
    If you buy two you can extract in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    If you buy two you can extract in the dark.
    If you eat the honey, stored in those containers, You may glow in the dark.

cchoganjr

While a number of posts above are having a little fun, there really is the possibility of radioactive stainless steel in products from China. To wit:

Between January and February 2008, the Carabinieri of Environmental Care Command – Radioactive Materials Pollution Unit, supported by APAT (Italian Environmental Protection Agency) and other Competent Authorities, seized 3 hot rolled stainless steel sheets in coils contaminated by cobalt 60. Each coil weighs about 10 tons and is made of sheets 6 mm thick (see figure below). Probably they are part of a single casting. Fortunately, they were destined for industrial applications (like tanks, chimneys, pulleys) not for domestic use.

The dose-rate at contact was about 20 mSv/h (52 mSv/h inside the coils) and 4 mSv/h at one meter.

In steel factories, cobalt sources are used in the blast furnace to check the thickness of the walls. If the maintenance works are not adequate, the sources can fall in contaminating all the melt.

Full story:
    http://www.eu-alara.net/index.php/in...-in-italy.html
    Graham
    --- Victor Hugo - "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

Has anyone else bought one of these tanks? The price is sure good if they are decent quality. There are a couple different people selling them.......from Michigan and Wisconsin.
    Last edited by LeonardS; 02-28-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Could someone post a link to one of these tanks, I'd love to see what you are talking about.

I am not so sure Mann Lake can't beat those prices and you have a known provider who will stand behind products

Vance, I don't see any stainless bottling tanks that are reasonably priced in the Mann Lake catalog. Mann Lakes are heated and start at $1,195.00. Did you see something else in the catalog?

Why support Chinese products?
    At least look into Dadants single walled tanks
    Before buying offshore.
    www.maxantindustries.com
    American made Honey Processing Equipment "Built to last a lifetime"

Maxant, thanks for the tip on the Dadant tanks! I have never purchased from them, so I didn't even think to look there.

I try to buy state side when possible. But I have a hard time doing that when it cost more than twice the money for the same quality. I paid less than $160 for two 100lbs cap. tanks with handles on tank, covers that latch down to the tank and nylon gates. As compared to Dadant M00393 175lbs tank with out handles and cover for $219.00 plus tax, cover M00502 47.75 plus tax. That is $266.75 for one tank and cover plus tax and shipping. As to for made in america, the tank is produced in the US, but what is country of origen for the Stainless Steal sheet stock that they made the tank out of? I do not see them making claim as to that so it is possable it comes from another country other than USA. Dan