Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tests Show Most Store Honey Isnít Honey

Quote Originally Posted by beeman2009 View Post
    I thought this forum was about beekeeping Not about politics, grammer lessons, consumer affairs and the like. While you guys sit around aruging about whose OPIONION is right, your bees are dying!
    Its "grammar", arguing", and "OPINION". And my bees are not dying, AFAIK, thank you!

I find discussions like this quite entertaining when I need a break from the shop from the after building more hive equipment.

Graham
    --- Victor Hugo - "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Brod vs sue bee. Case dismissed sept 2012.
    Ross vs sue bee. Case dismissed January 14, 2013.
    Here's a link:
    http://druganddevicelaw.blogspot.com...itigation.html

There are more cases than just the two mentioned above. The end result is not always identical, depending on the state.
    Graham

I thought this forum was about beekeeping Not about politics, grammer lessons, consumer affairs and the like. While you guys sit around aruging about whose OPIONION is right, your bees are dying! Does that mean anything? It's a sad state of affairs when good beekeepers let money, greed & power become their master. Was hoping to learn something useful today, guess it won't be here.
    Whose fault is it that you had such high expectations? Misplaced to boot.

Besides, my hives aren't dying, they're thriving.

When it all comes down to brass tacks, all this talk about what is honey and what isn't doesn't matter one bit. Most of y'all aren't selling honey to make a living or even buying honey. So, what is sold in grocery stores, labeled as HONEY, means little or nothing to what you do w/ your honey.

If you bottle and sell honey, you should be getting more than the shelf price for your honey. If not that is your fault not someone elses.

If you buy honey, and you are on beesource, which you are or you wouldn't be reading this, you know what you want and know how to ask for it and Pollenless Honey shouldn't bother you because you aren't eating it.

So, I really don't see what the hub-bub is all about. Control your own actions. That's all you can do, if that. Produce honey and sell it, and eat it. Don't buy honey from grocery stores. It's that simple.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Tests show that most people who argue about whether something is honey or not aren't honey producers to any great extent. The Honey Producers know what honey is. It's what the packers pay us for. It's what the customers/consumers pay us for.

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Whose fault is it that you had such high expectations? Misplaced to boot.
    I actually do agree with most of what you said and am glad to hear that your bees are thriving. That tells me you could have some really positive imput for those wanting to learn this thing we call beekeeping. I meant no disrespect to anyone, but if you or anyone else thinks just because their bees aren't dying that things are fine, well time will tell. As to my expectations, I guess you may be right. To visit a forum call BEEsource and expect to maybe learn something or just to talk bees, I supposed is too much to expect. Thanks for proving what I said to bee correct.
    Beeman
    All things may be lawful; but not all things are advantagous.

Yer welcome. Life is short at times, but, in the long run, little matters. If you want to learn beekeeping nothing will stop you. Best of luck.

Things are good if looked at from the right angle. Perspective and attitude are important.

There is a wealth of great info on here and a really deep pool of beekeeping experience. Select your topic, you will soon learn who knows of what they post and who just loves to post.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I thought there was only One Todd Akin around until i started reading this thread, Geeez, how could so many of you be so wrong about what real honey is.

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    you will soon learn who knows of what they post and who just loves to post.
    No truer words were ever typed on Beesource.....
    ďDonít tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.Ē - The Quran

To visit a forum call BEEsource and expect to maybe learn something or just to talk bees, I supposed is too much to expect. Thanks for proving what I said to bee correct.
    With a quick look, I see a multitude of threads that are informative and have input from knowledgeable beekeepers here. Youíve discovered one that has gone over the edgeÖ.and this is the one you use to judge the entire board by?
    A pretty narrow viewÖ.to my thinking.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    ...Boris was confusing the two, in more than one occasion...
    O.K. - looks like you are ready to find the truth..
    Let's start...

“…Only two smaller Pacific Northwest grocery chains – Haggen and Metropolitan Market – both selling honey without pollen, weren’t bashful about the source of their honey. Haggen said right off that its brand comes from Golden Heritage.
    Metropolitan Market said its honey – Western Family – is packed by Bee Maid Honey (!), a co-op of beekeepers from the Canadian provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia…”
    http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/1.../#.UR1P5h3Whn4

So, Why "honey" packed by Bee Maid Honey WITHOUT POLLEN???

your too much Boris, got to stop this madness,

cheers
    Last edited by Ian; 02-15-2013 at 04:05 PM. Reason: ending conversation
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    O.K. - looks like you are ready to find the truth..
    Let's start...

“…Only two smaller Pacific Northwest grocery chains – Haggen and Metropolitan Market – both selling honey without pollen, weren’t bashful about the source of their honey. Haggen said right off that its brand comes from Golden Heritage.
    Metropolitan Market said its honey – Western Family – is packed by Bee Maid Honey (!), a co-op of beekeepers from the Canadian provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia…”
    http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/1.../#.UR1P5h3Whn4

You are taking the word of a News article. Have you never read a mistake in a newpaper article. Stereotypically speaking, all you can expect is that they will get your name spelled correctly.

Don't believe everything you read.

Are you Ian?

"...The contents were analyzed for pollen by Vaughn Bryant, a professor at Texas A&M University and one of the nation’s premier melissopalynologists, or investigators of pollen in honey..."

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post

Boris, I suspect that you may not like this, but the answer to your question is that the store chain mentioned in your quote, Metropolitan Market, sells that honey under its own STORE BRAND name, Western Family. Since it is a store brand, the specifications of the product are controlled by the store chain. Metropolitan Market contracts for and controls the product, not Bee-Maid. Bee-Maid provides what its customer, Metropolitan Market, asks for!
    Graham

You know how you can stand between two mirrors facing each other and see the reflection getting smaller and smaller and presumably never ending. Just the same unchanging image over and over and over and over getting smaller and smaller and smaller.........................
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    You know how you can stand between two mirrors facing each other and see the reflection getting smaller and smaller and presumably never ending.
    I've gotta try that.
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    With a quick look, I see a multitude of threads that are informative and have input from knowledgeable beekeepers here. You’ve discovered one that has gone over the edge….and this is the one you use to judge the entire board by?
    A pretty narrow view….to my thinking.
    beemandan,

Point well taken. You are right about there being quite a few knowledgable beeks on here and this is just one thread. I did not judge, nor have I ever judged anyone here or anywhere else. That's not my place. As to a narrow view, again you are right. I have read hours of threads on here with post from beeks all around the country, and other countries. I agree with some, disagree with others. But that's ok. My thoughts are just that, MY THOUGHTS. If anyone agrees with me, ok. If not that's ok too. Take you for example; you accused me of having a narrow view. Not to insult you or anything else, but how would you know? You don't know me or anything about me. All you know is I expressed my frustration & dissappointment over how many on forums just run things into the ground and usually they are only expressing opinion and you critized me for it. That's your opinion. Everyone has an opinion.

No hard feelings here, hope none on your end. Best to you and yours.
    Beeman
    All things may be lawful; but not all things are advantagous.

No hard feelings here. I know very few of the posters on Beesource personallyÖ.so it is hard to take anything personally.
    You wrote
    To visit a forum call BEEsource and expect to maybe learn something or just to talk bees, I supposed is too much to expect. Thanks for proving what I said to bee correct.
    ThatÖto me was a very narrow view of Beesource. Anybody who takes a minute to look can find plenty to learn on BeesourceÖ.and plenty of opportunity to Ďtalk beesí. And when I said it seemed like a narrow viewÖ.thatís what I meant. I have no other knowledge of you and wouldnít even try to guess if you are generally open or narrow minded.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast