Default Re: Tests Show Most Store Honey Isnít Honey

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Boris,
    producer packer producer packer producer packer producer packer
    So, it's clear you do not have real arguments to deny Huser's statement

Quote Originally Posted by Kieck View Post
    As a friendly piece of advice...
    As a friendly piece of advice - try to not misinform forum's members - see my post #399

And this thread is about FINAL product!!! -Boris
    I believe the comments posted regarding this were:

It is the state at which virtually 100% of honey is in that is sold to the businesses that repackage and market honey. To filter it is expensive, time consuming and degrades the color. There is no logical reason, that I know of, for any of it to be filtered in any way at that stage unless someone is trying to hide its origin which is exactly the reason this whole issue ever reared it's ugly head. -Jim Lyon
    I agree, very few if not any producers filter their wholesale honey -Ian
    Both are related to producers, not packers.

I believe the comments posted regarding this were: ...
    Do not twist, my post #399 in general is about your misinformation

Boris,
    producer packer producer packer producer packer producer packer
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

So, it's clear you do not have real arguments to deny Huser's statement -Boris
    I'm fairly certain that Ian is not involved with Sioux Honey Association or Sue Bee Honey. As far as I'm concerned, I will not support or deny Huser's comments. Huser's comments are his comments. Others can vouch for them or not as they wish, but I have no first-hand knowledge of the packing practices in a business where I do not work.

... try to not misinform forum's members - see my post #399 -Boris
    I'll concede that it can be taken as a statement of the NHB, if you wish. I cannot find the article linked as a "statement" or "press release" on the NHB Web site, as I would expect such an official statement to be linked. You're right, Boynton is CEO, and his status and the disclosure of his affiliation attached to the article show the connection.

Really, though, Boris, I was being sincere. I meant my advice as friendly. People find themselves in court for slander and libel at times, and I don't want to see anything along those lines come from comments on a tool like this board.

Boris, can you explain what We are looking at in the Milk and honey Photo?
    The irony is free. It's the sarcasm you are paying for....ironically.
    -Felicity Jones in "Chalet Girl"

Do not twist, my post #399 in general is about your misinformation -Boris
    OK, time to put up, Boris. You started this thread, you've mentioned in posts in this thread that you will offer your definition of "honey." So far, you've posted that honey will crystallize.

HFCS will crystallize, too. And others here have pointed out that some honeys do not crystallize readily if at all.

So, what is your definition of "honey?"

Let's have it already.

... but I have no first-hand knowledge of the packing practices in a business where I do not work...
    Glad to hear this.
    Therefore in my post #392 I asked Ian, but not you. Doesn't it?

Therefore in my post #392 I asked Ian, but not you. Doesn't it? -Boris
    Yes. Right. But Ian has not posted here that he has any connections to Sioux Honey Association or Sue Bee Honey.

I've driven past Sue Bee down in Sioux City, Iowa, a few times. Ian lives in Manitoba, Canada. What makes you believe that he has first-hand knowledge to confirm or deny the comments you quoted?

I sure have been out of the loop for a while. I had no idea we had to define what was honey. Thinking all this time, we got it so wrong.

If we are going to drawn a line anywhere, I would say a frame of comb removed from the hive is "honey free of processing"....a comb section or Ross round would probably also qualify (if produced without foundation). Once you cut it, crush it, extract it, it is no longer in it's natural state. I'd be willing to bet that Boris 's honey crystallized prematurely because of the processing (extracting or crush and strain) and the resulting introduction of air bubbles. Processed honey.

Deknow
    The irony is free. It's the sarcasm you are paying for....ironically.
    -Felicity Jones in "Chalet Girl"

Jim, it was probably from the oaks, bees work them here when they're dripping and producing the little nublets where the 'acorns' form.

Oak tree honey, bet the honey tastes like nuts

your kind of honey Boris
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by BMAC View Post
    Who thinks about honey as being an equal to syrup?

What I am finding interesting is you are dancing around and not answering a simple direct question about changing the properties of honey by removing pollen. Pollen being a part of the non soluable portion of honey. Does removing pollen change honey from being honey?
    I do not think, it is my rule to dance around. In my posts, I was trying to explain that honey is a complex compound. But many who attended this thread play word game calling everything honey. It is not accurate, but people insisted that treated honey= honey. I disagree, but majority think that way. So what you want from me? My personal opinion? My personal opinion is that honey without pollen is a different substance. As a person with masters in human physiology, I think that honey-substance without pollen lost many beneficial qualities and turns into simple sweetener, syrup. Also, keep in mind that pollen removal usually happened when material is heated up. What is a syrup? Sugars kept close to saturation point (but liquid) by heating. I think,heated and filtered honey-substance technically may be called "syrup", honey-syrup... if it is sounded better.

But, actually, my point was that I have no problem with treated/processed foods. Milk is treated... But what I want - is that any treatment should be indicated on the package along with other useful information - origin, contact information of the honey-producer, presence or absence of pollen etc. Sergey
    Серёжа, Sergey

Quote Originally Posted by BMAC View Post
    More than wax. Do you suppose your bees thoroughly scrub their little feet before waking from frame to frame inside the colony. Who knows what those little girls been walking thru while outside the hive. I certainly hope they have not visited Mark's old dairy job and walked thru bare foot what he walked thru barefoot.
    I have no problem with it. This is why I call my honey "100 and 2%" organic. This honey consumed quicker than it crystallizes! You need to read posts more carefully,because I explained earlier my "theory" that wax may slow down the crystallization process inside the comb. This "theory" was proven to be not true because many people reported that honey, in fact, do crystallize in the comb. I accepted that. Sergey
    Last edited by cerezha; 02-14-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: grammar
    Серёжа, Sergey

sergey, do beekeepers in russia like to argue about every little thing like they do in america?

nostrovia!
    beekeeping since june 2010, +/- 20 hives, tf

Quote Originally Posted by squarepeg View Post
    sergey, do beekeepers in russia like to argue about every little thing like they do in america? nostrovia!
    I do not think so, but I do not know any beekeeper in Russia, who is using Internet. As far as I know, beekeeping in Russia is heavily westernizing and I would not surprise to see arguing Russian beekeepers in beesource in near future. Arguing in the area out of competence, I think, is a general social networking trend. Also - trolling is invention of the social networks. спасибо! Sergey
    Серёжа, Sergey

people keep saying trolling

what is trolling?
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    people keep saying trolling

what is trolling?
    i think it means 'intentionally trying to elicit an emotional response out of others on an internet forum but posting outrageous stuff'.
    beekeeping since june 2010, +/- 20 hives, tf

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast