Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Your Bloom Dates - 2009

18K views 296 replies 100 participants last post by  KQ6AR 
#1 ·
I don't know what is blooming this time of the year,.... but the bees were sure bringin in the pollen today. Maybe a local weed of some sort?

#11 ·
I see nothing blooming here in the Azle area N.W. of Ft Worth. I just would have thought that info would have been coming in from futher south. I'm so looking forward to my 2nd year of bee keeping I'm just in a hurry for spring. How can you tell this years stuff from last years??

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Bee Activity here today. Lots of pollen being brought in (Gray with a green tint) Was not able to find what it came off of Here in Northen, Central, TN with temp. at 72 degrees and sunny all day. Sure better then the below freezing point and high two to three degrees above freezing for the last week. Had one hive die
with a gal or so of dead bees. No Honey, Rest of them doing fine so far. Bees happy I”m happy, saw young brood with very few capped. Today. On 8 Feb 09. C dowdy.

#25 ·
Eucalyptus globulus (********) 11/22/08 (94589).
Eucalyptus sideroxylon (red iron bark) 12/15/08 (94589)
Rosemary never fully stops blooming, but real surge started 12/20/08 (94706)
Acacia 1/20/09 (94618)
ornamental plum 1/29/09 (94706)

globulus is strange. huge stands of it exist. in a many acre patch, there will be one or two trees in bloom at all times december to may, but they never bloom in synch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.