How To Make Your Own Frames - Photo Tutorial
Some of you have requested detailed descriptions, photos, and/or videos of how to make frames, since I have recently learned how to efficiently manufacture them. Well, I have put together a little photo tutorial that will hopefully help some of you. I like the finished product. Enjoy!
1. Set the table saw fence at 3/8' from the blade.
2. Set the blade height to 5/8".
3. Next, set the blade angle to 10 degrees; when standing at the ingoing side of the saw, the blade should lean/angle toward the left.
4. Now, cut a piece of 2"x(4,6,8,10,12)" to 19" long.
5. Stand the 19-inch 2-by on end and run it through the saw.
6. Repeat on the other side.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 on the other end. Each end should now look like this:
8. Now, raise your blade to 2 1/2", and then set the fence at 1" from the blade.
9. Lay the 2-by on the long side and rip it into 1" sections like this:
10. You should end up with several peices that look like this, basically cross sections of the original piece:
11. Now set your saw to rip each piece exactly in half, like this:
12. You should end up with a bunch of these:
13. Now set up your router table with a 1/4" bit. Set the fence 5/8" from the bit and raise the bit to 1/4".
14. Now run each end of the top bar through like this:
15. Each each should now look like this:
Continued on next post due to photo limit.
Last edited by westernbeekeeper; 01-28-2013 at 09:40 PM.