Thread: Sugar Prices

Default Sugar Prices

What is the current sugar market look like? Last time I bough 50lb bags of C&H Sugar I paid in the neighborhood of .65 lb, I recently saw it going for .40 lb. Is sugar falling or should I grab it all?

Default Re: Sugar Prices

Cheapest I've got it was last week at Walmart for $13.49 for a 25# bag.

I've been shopping around for sugar, where did you find it at that price, if you don't mind mentioning? I would be buying in south Carolina, not in your neck of the woods. Maybe the pricing is regional because I haven't seen it that cheap.

I find the no name sugar at Wally World is cheaper then the Domino's at Sams. I was in Restaurant Depot last week and I believe they have fine grained sugar for around 50 cents a pound. I also noticed powdered sugar at a very decent price in large bags. I'm not buying sugar right now so I don't have a receipt to check.

At Costco in Nashville tonight it was .41/lb. for 50 lbs to .47/lb in 10 lb. bags--cheapest I've seen in a long time.

I reported in a later post Costco was selling it last week for .46 cents a pound maybe my Winchester VA store will be selling for the same price as Nashville I will be there tomorrow.Anybody that finds a decent price on pure can please give the name of the store. I know price can vary in the same food chain coast to coast but a dollar saved is a dollar in my pocket.
    Last edited by Coast back; 01-31-2013 at 06:02 PM.

I need to check our Costco here in VA. Last time I purchased from Costco in Richmond, VA it was around $0.56 a lb.
    "Science is knowing, art is doing, and common sense is knowing and doing on the basis of experience." Alex Shigo

February ad from Restaurant Depot has 50 lbs for $ 18.99 Might want to do an internet search and see if there is one near you

I just picked up fifty lbs. from Costco. @20.37

This week at Sam's Club 10# 4.89 a bag. It's cheaper in 10# bags than any other way at Sams.

Bought sugar yesterday at Costco in Winchester VA for .43 cents a pound they pulled or sold out the US Sugar and had Imperial Sugar which probably the cadillac of sugar.Alblancer went Restaurant Depot website for store location and found out they are not open to public have to show business license or be a non-profit to join which I am neither. Shore would like to get some of that 18.99 for 50lbs sugar.

I'm getting 4 nucs this spring and will probably feed them pretty heavy their first year. Guess I'll pickup 100 lbs after the Superbowl traffic dies down and before Mardi Gras traffic picks up! If I can find a way to keep it dry I'll get more.

Coast Back,

Find a friend with a business license and get a card. I get lost walking through the meat and seafood coolers at RD. I feel like a kid in Willy Wonka's factory!

Quote Originally Posted by Coast back View Post
    went Restaurant Depot website for store location and found out they are not open to public have to show business license or be a non-profit to join which
    if your a beekeeper you are truly a non-profit
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

wow, I picked up a 10lb bag for about $5.50 on base and thought that was high so today I went to an old job (Food distribution for Chinese restaurants) and got a 50 lb bag for $18.95. I guess that works as I don't have hook ups at a restaurant supply store/depot

Today at Costco it was 45 cents in 10 lb. bags, 40 cents in 25 lb. bags, and 38 cents in 50 lb. bags.

We're at $13.62 for a 25# bag.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbranch2007 View Post
    if your a beekeeper you are truly a non-profit

Just paid for CH 50# 20.19 (.4038) at Costco in San Bernardino, CA.