Thread: Sugar Prices

Hybrid View

Default Sugar Prices

What is the current sugar market look like? Last time I bough 50lb bags of C&H Sugar I paid in the neighborhood of .65 lb, I recently saw it going for .40 lb. Is sugar falling or should I grab it all?

Default Re: Sugar Prices

Cheapest I've got it was last week at Walmart for $13.49 for a 25# bag.

I've been shopping around for sugar, where did you find it at that price, if you don't mind mentioning? I would be buying in south Carolina, not in your neck of the woods. Maybe the pricing is regional because I haven't seen it that cheap.

I find the no name sugar at Wally World is cheaper then the Domino's at Sams. I was in Restaurant Depot last week and I believe they have fine grained sugar for around 50 cents a pound. I also noticed powdered sugar at a very decent price in large bags. I'm not buying sugar right now so I don't have a receipt to check.

At Costco in Nashville tonight it was .41/lb. for 50 lbs to .47/lb in 10 lb. bags--cheapest I've seen in a long time.

I reported in a later post Costco was selling it last week for .46 cents a pound maybe my Winchester VA store will be selling for the same price as Nashville I will be there tomorrow.Anybody that finds a decent price on pure can please give the name of the store. I know price can vary in the same food chain coast to coast but a dollar saved is a dollar in my pocket.
    Last edited by Coast back; 01-31-2013 at 06:02 PM.