Got to mess with the bees today and did my first OAV treatment!
Temps were 60's and sunny, bees were flying and bringing in pollen and nectar, great day in the bee yard!! I removed the SBB and put the double deeps on two hive pallets I made that have solid bottom boards. I also used my Heilyser vaporizer for the first time and it was easy to say the least!! Will do a couple more treatments a week apart and will also pull a hive and look at the bottom board probably Sunday and see what kind of mite drop I got!
After the treatment I decided to mess around since I had an hour to kill before going to a funeral so I started grabbing bees with my fingers for practice on grabbing queens, and it is safe to say I didn't harm a bee or get stung although they were trying like heck!!
Now, for the questions!
I left the vaporizer burning for one minute, got a clean burn off, and pulled the vaporizer out and sealed back up for 10 minutes each hive. I also noticed upon peering in through the entrance that there were OA "icicles" hanging from one frame bottom that was directly over the OA vaporizer, is this normal??
Coyote Creek Bees