Default Hi from beeless in Northwest Louisiana

Hi,

I got interested in bees about 4 months ago and watched a lot of youtube videos. That gave me basic information and the courage to make some swarm lures and try catching some wild swarms this coming spring.

I had more detailed questions about beekeeping than youtube answered and in searching found this forum where I got detailed answers. I still have questions, so I'll keep reading old posts and searching in other places and when I can't find answers there I'll post questions here.

Thanks to all the beekeepers who spend time helping other people.
    Let's turn it around
    America Bless God

Default Re: Hi from beeless in Northwest Louisiana

Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the best source of information I have found.

Welcome!

Welcome BNT!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Just lately I have heard on TV that soda makes you fat so maybe that and the danger of a bee getting into our sweet drinks can help all of us to drink more water. I also heard that a British study concluded that if a woman smoked she had a 75% chance of getting cancer as compared with a wqoman who never smoked. I am pretty sure the bees don't like someone smoking too. Oh well maybe if some bee keepers desire they can at least drink a lot of beer as I haven't heard anything about that lately. (that is meant as a joke).

[QUOTE=samoadc;889451 (that is meant as a joke).[/QUOTE]

westernbeekeeper Thanks for the welcome and web site link. Nice looking hives. I hope you do well with those products.

Lazer128 Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to taking in the good information.

KC-BEE Thanks for the welcome.

AmericasBeekeeper Thanks for the welcome and address.

samoadc Thanks for the welcome. I think you're right about the soda pop. They're making me fat AND ugly. But, there's no amount of water that'll cure ugly. Not so sure about the beer. I have heard that it cures ugly in women late at night around closing time. And, I hear it kills brain cells, so I wonder if that equates to killing honey comb cells, too. Can't have too much of that, huh? I guess the drink I had with the bee in it could be called a Stinger.

Smoking causing cancer in women? - - say, you might be right about that, too. I wonder if all the smoking of bees in the hives is part of the reason for such a short bee life span in those female bees. I've seen how the bees run away from the smoke so quick. Maybe they have a better sense of health than those smoking people. When I first heard about smoking bees I wondered how people got the bees lit and didn't it hurt the bees and how the beekeeper knew which end of the bees to lite. And I've read that some beekeepers use menthol in their hives, so there ya go for the menthol flavored bee smoke. ( , , , , s i g h h h h , , , , , , )
    Let's turn it around
    America Bless God