Thread: Maxant spinners

Hybrid View

Default Maxant spinners

I am putting together the equipment for a small scale honey house [100 to 150 hives]. I am looking for input on the Maxant junior and senior capping spinners from people who use them.

Default Re: Maxant spinners

I have a new maxant junior, it works great. spins the cappings very dry. I use a chain uncapper and dump the cappings into the spinner . If you have alot of honey pouring in you have to go slow or the cappings will float up the sides and make it over the basket down into the drum, but it takes alot to do it.
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

I have the senior and it sits somewhere in a shed with a bag over it. It worked great when I was running a plane and uncapping into it but now I'm doing as BG and finding that the drum gets clogged quickly with cappings (some days we uncap several hundred frames a day) and the honey does not get through. Also have found it difficult to balance the load dumping in lumps of cappings. It is better than draining but we have gone to processing our cappings through the clairfyer at the end of a couple day run. I would really like to use the spinner more.

BG I'm intersted in what you might be doing better than me that might make my operation work better?

I have the senior with the chain uncapper mounted on top. It has sped up my operation considerably.

Hi Scott - any chance you could post a picture of that - curious as to how much extracting you get through before having to empty? I hope it's not going to make me feel too stupid!!!

Talked to a beekeeper that runs 100+ hives and he has already broken two of the Jr. spinners. He bought a Sr. spinner and wish he wouldn't have wasted he's money and time on the jr's. I have 2 of the Sr. spinners myself and the only problem I have with them is flooding out. Wish they had a center drain instead of the side drain.