Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hives stolen looking for help

So you are saying that SOME of your bees that were stolen were AT Robert Russell's home???? HE was taking care of them there for you ... and now he has informed you that someone stole them from him??? Please tell us exactly what has happened here.... I REALLY do need to know.... MY bees are at risk also if what you are saying is true.... Tnks

sorry... duplicate post

Someone getting back at Russel for wrong doings and thought they were his hives.........or.........someone was short hives for a pollination contract in almonds and decided to plump up their shortfall.

Thieves suck. I hope it's minimal, or nothing at all, but I think a lot of hives might disappear during the almond fest this year, just a lot of shady people in CA as well.

It's pretty bad when an already hard working beekeeper has to spend more money and time on cameras and GPS to protect their business, just pure BS.
    Coyote Creek Bees

I dont understand people that steal from others. The whole thing is a mess. I will be heading out next week to pick up what is left and hope the sheriffs make some head way.

Wow, what kind of lowlife would do that? I hope law enforcement catches them.

I will keep an ear to the ground in south Mississippi. If I hear of someone trying to unload a bunch of bees I will shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy W View Post
    I will keep an ear to the ground in south Mississippi. If I hear of someone trying to unload a bunch of bees I will shout.
    100 hives... you dont exactly take them to a pawn shop.

whoever stole them is going to keep them and use them. My guess is if they are smart enough to steal them in the first place, they have plans to swap boxes.

whats there to understand about stealing? I want what he has.... I either have to work my but off for it, or go take his. Kinda human nature if you ask me.

yes... the reason people steal is self explanatory... however... MOST people have integrity and are honest... I DON'T steal because of my beliefs and because I wouldn't want someone to steal from me. I have NO sympathy for a thief... and they deserve everything they get when they get caught. I just believe in KARMA.... whoever did this will eventually get what's coming to them... I just feel very sorry for the people who lost what they work so hard for.... I have much sympathy for them, as I have been in the same position myself. The whole thing just stinks.... and I just hope in time those responsible will be exposed. FWIW

Hope you have insurance.... but getting something stolen really stinks. I remember when my car got broken into at work and they jacked my subwoofers, amp, deck and anything else they could. I wasn't too mad about that. However, they also took my Nike work out pants and my owner's manual for my car, which upset me greatly. Why would you take someone else's pants.... and why the owner's manual for my car?

schmism, I understand the purpose of stealing someone else's property, as you say it is to get what belongs to someone else for your own use, but I disagree that it is human nature, yes, we can be envious at times of others success and material goods, but taking it to the next level and stealing from them is criminal, and I don't believe we are by nature all criminals at heart, maybe I'm just interpreting you wrong. John

Quote Originally Posted by schmism View Post
    100 hives... you dont exactly take them to a pawn shop.

whoever stole them is going to keep them and use them. My guess is if they are smart enough to steal them in the first place, they have plans to swap boxes.

whats there to understand about stealing? I want what he has.... I either have to work my but off for it, or go take his. Kinda human nature if you ask me.

Sorry schmism if I ruffled your feathers. I was simply saying that Beekeepers usually know what's going on around them. If someone just popped up with 100 hives from out of no where that would be a little suspicious to me. I do not have any experience with stealing. I will have to take your word for it. I will now stop looking.

We are offering $3500 reward for information that gets our bees back. The sheriffs office also said crime stoppers will give up to $2,000 for information leading to an arrest.

MTINAZ, I live in Hinds County and will keep a look out. Sorry for your loss.

Not knowing the exact circumstances we can only speculate that the perpetrator has experience as a Beekeeper with the knowledge and equipment to move 200, TWO HUNDRED, Bee Hives. Unless they were in an extremely remote location and even then someone would have to know something about it. It is unreasonable to assume they were loaded by hand onto a Pickup and hauled off by punks. Just saying, from my experience, if you are relying on the local constabulary you might as well be waiting for the crooks to give you a call and fess up. Just my opinion of Local Law Enforcement, the ones I have spoken with are useless, not the heros Fox News touts them to be.With enough effort someone could be found with some knowledge of the crime. My bet is the crooks are local of have connections with someone local to the hives. Add $ .89 to my opinion and you can get a cup of coffee at McDonald.

Latest issue of ABJ has a little write up that some almond contracts could be as high as $200 per hive...

There's yer motive.

Using the stolen bees for the almonds may seem the likely destination, but you really never know. If the crooks have any sense at all seems like they would want to lay low for awhile. However, unless there is something noticeably different about these hives, box construction, bottom boards, top covers, handhold style, that would get your attention, they will be hard to spot especially if they add a new coat of paint. Hopefully, these thieves don't have a lick of sense and they do something stupid again that gets them caught. John

Any pictures would be great. What about frames - anything idenifying (we write a built date on ours). I would hit the other bee blogs as well and maybe even consider a classified in ABJ/Bee Culture. Maybe one of them would do a story on "Bee Hive thefts" and it might get the word out. Check with the fuel stops in the area, fast food places etc. - pretty hard to hide 100 double deeps, someone may have noticed. Very sorry for your loss - it is in all our best interest to check and double check everything we come in contact with - would be great to see this fellow beek get his hives back and those who stole them get what they got coming.
    Good Luck and keep us posted if anything breaks

Quote Originally Posted by SippyBees View Post
    So you are saying that SOME of your bees that were stolen were AT Robert Russell's home???? HE was taking care of them there for you ... and now he has informed you that someone stole them from him??? Please tell us exactly what has happened here
    It seems to me that these questions need to be answered. Who reported them as stolen? Did the OP have to come back from Arizona to discover the loss.....or what?
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    It seems to me that these questions need to be answered. Who reported them as stolen? Did the OP have to come back from Arizona to discover the loss.....or what?
    Robert Russell reported them stolen and contacted me about it. Both sheriffis offices are working on it.

I am gasping in disbelief! I am the most gullible fool in the world, but not gullible enough to give some individuals access to a hot stove and expect it to stay where I put it! I wonder what exotic breeding they became?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast