Default Which website notifies you before crop dusting

I know there is a website that Beekeepers can register with so when farmers are crop dusting using airplanes they get notified 24 hours or so before the event...
    Can someone tell me where to register my apiaries?

Default Re: Which website notifies you before crop dusting

I live in an area where crop-dusters are pretty much a daily part of things in the summer. I have never heard of a website that listed their activities. It could be a local thing or maybe a state issue, can't say. If you can't locate the website you're looking for, I would recommend you check with the farmers around your apiaries and let them know you have bees at whatever location. They also could give you the names of the guys doing the crop-dusting so you could them contact them individually. Some of those guys are real all around likable fellows. Some a bit less so. None of them want to cause problems. The fliers will probably be a little more dependable about advising you of their schedule than the farmers, but it really depends on the individuals. Farming and crop-dusting are both intense, stressful, and hectic in the summer, with the fliers having the addition of an extra element of danger. Good luck.

Indiana began the DriftWatch program in 2008, and several states have since joined (but not Ohio).
    http://www.driftwatch.org/
    The website allows you to register pesticide-sensitive areas and applicators of pesticides are "encouraged" to review the maps before spraying, but it doesn't mean they will.

If you have colonies near sites likely to be sprayed, the best way to get notified is make friends with the farmers, give them a bottle of honey and your phone number, and ask them if they'll call you before spraying.

Go down to your local crop dusters with some honey and show them where your hives are and they will mark it on their maps.