The Finger Lakes Beekeepers Club is offering a full-day workshop on Saturday, February 23 to teach about bee health. Topics include:
- Major honeybee pests and their life cycles
- What is this Varroa pest anyway?
- How to check hives for mites
- How to treat mite-infected hives
- Basic anatomy of the honeybee
- What's wrong with this frame?
- How to test for American Foulbrood
- And more!
When: Saturday, February 23, 2013 from 9:00am to 3:00pm. Doors open at 8:30am. Grab the registration form here (PDF)
Where: The Cayuga Nature Center, 1420 Taughannock Blvd Ithaca, NY 14850-9510 (Bring your own lunch!)
Cost: $15 per person (includes some course materials). If you register before February 14, you can also order a print copy of A Field Guide to Honey Bees and their Maladies for $15. We will have a limited number available on-site to purchase.
Participants are welcome to bring their own microscopes, and our instructors will evaluate them for you.
Feel free to contact me on Beesource, or President@FLBeeclub.com