Default Need a like button

Since every time I quote anyone I get a "gentle reminder" in my message box, you need a like button available for each and every comment or post. So I read at least 10 things I'd have clicked like on or quoted and said me too today, and this is my post for the day. And not a "like on Facebook" because I am not going there with Beesource.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled programming....

Gypsi
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

Default Re: Need a like button

Since every time I quote anyone I get a "gentle reminder" in my message box
    Well you hardly if ever need to "quote" the hole post and if you look there are more than one "reply" functions!!
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

Quote Originally Posted by honeyman46408 View Post
    Well you hardly if ever need to "quote" the hole post and if you look there are more than one "reply" functions!!
    Please expound on these other reply functions. Thank you.
    Lee Burough
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

Honeyman, last spring I quoted a one liner, found a warning in my private message box, deleted all my "followed threads" and departed.

I can see "staying on topic". I can see that beekeeping is serious business, but I can get the information I need elsewhere. If I'm not having fun with the occasional quoted one liner, I am not visiting beesource. If you want me to go say bye bye right now.

Gypsi
    Time to be a gypsy again, 2014 will be my prep year, my bees want a better area with actual rainfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lburou View Post
    Please expound on these other reply functions.
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/faq....aq_vb3_posting
    Regards, Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsi View Post
    If I'm not having fun with the occasional quoted one liner, I am not visiting beesource.
    The guidelines and rules are in place to make the forums "fun" for everyone, not just a few. You may think it's nothing to use excessive quotes, but to other members, it's just more unnecessary text that clutters up the flow of threads. I don't know your particulars, but it is a well known practice on Internet forums to keep quoting to a minimum. Google 'quoting ettiquet on forums' and you'll get page after page of "do not quote entire messages."

Majority of members appreciate well formatted, well written posts.
    Regards, Barry

Well I guess that is how it is. Thank you for your reply.

Gypsi

If your post has been edited by a moderator, and you don't like having that "lasted edited by (moderator) at xx timestamp" showing below your post, its easy to change that. Just make your own edit to that post, and the edit line will be updated accordingly. You don't even have to actually change anything in the post, just click the "Save Changes" button.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Barry likes to delete me (I have it coming, I am a little like Dennis the Menace with a keyboard)
    And one moderator likes to send me private messages if I even quote one line...

Granted the first time I quoted anything on beesource I was learning to work in a modern forum software and quoted this HUGE LONG POST... But I only did it once. And I date back to the original C-Net 64. (for the commodore 64)

I am not in the office that much, I am not on Beesource that much, and if it is all boring and depressing (and let's face it, everyone's got it in for the honeybees, from the pesticide sprayers to the bears and skunks) then I just don't want to visit.

I like to laugh. Oooopps.. In the face of disaster oooops. And now I am off topic so Barry will delete me.

Gypsi

Hey Gypsi,
    I know what you where originally trying to say. Sometimes I see a post I like, & know its wrong to write a one liner saying that I really liked it. Putting something similar to a facebook like on the post would let the author know you appreciate their opinion, & wording, without cluttering the thread.
    Don't know if anything like that is even possible with the board software.
    Dan