Hybrid View

Default Need suggestions when visiting San Antonio...

Going to be heading to San Antonio in February for my daughters Air Force basic training graduation. Probably do a little site seeing while we are there. I've heard the River Walk and the Alamo are must sees; are there any other note worthy sites to visit, or restaurant recommendations? Any suggestions would be much appreciated, we would like to make the most of our time there.

Thanks.

Default Re: Need suggestions when visiting San Antonio...

dinner on boat on the river was neat

Right close to the Alamo is a restaurant at the top of the Tower of the Americas. There are five Spanish Missions in San Antonio. Go to Mi Tierra (not sure how to spell it), near downtown, and have puffy tacos...there is a Mexican market right close to the resturant. The river walk is the main draw, dress to be outside and stay in a hotel on the river if you can afford it. HTH

I'm retired Air Force, good luck to your daughter!
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

We were there when our Son graduated in Fall of 2010. We didn't make it to the Riverwalk because he prefered to catch up on his eating and sleeping.
    "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

if i get to san antonio i would like to watch john hagge preach at cornerstone church... if my child was in military there i would for sure go and pray for their safe return

I knew if I posted on here I would get some good suggestions. Thanks for all your replies it is much appreciated! And, thanks for your service to our country Lburou, it also is much appreciated. I have a lot of respect for those who serve...

I stayed at the Hilton Palacio Del Rio many years ago, right on the river walk, it was a really nice place and would do it again. The river walk has so many great places to eat too, you'll love it. John