Embarrassed bee vacume 1st time

a friend of mine told me he had bees in a tree behind him well his landlord has now came and cut the tree down its laying there with bees and cone inside it on the ground my question is would it be worth my while to go and try to vac them out and cut the cone out or just leave them be the problem is i think if i let them be the lanlord will spray them i dont want that would like to bring them home and put them in a nuc or a hihe body depending on size need advice thanks

Default Re: bee vacume 1st time

Do the cut out.

cut the section of the tree with the bees in it and put it in a hive body upright and anchor it somehow. put foundation and some drawn with honey above it. the queen will lay in the comb above. l had a hive clean out the tree then l chucked the tree

Once you do the cut out, split the section of log and you'll have a very neat conversation piece for the living room.

what I did with a wind fall was to cut until you find the hollow,then open the tree in half.Take some brood and put it in a frame,rememberto put brood upright the same as it was when the stood.wrap frames with heavy string to hold in place.Set hive on top of bees with on bottom board.after dark set on other half and pick up to next night