Default Feeding hives during the winter

I have about 5 hives that are weak in stores to get them through the rest of the winter. What would everyone reccomend a plan to feed them to get them through to spring?

Dry sugar and pollen patties?

Syrup 1:1 mix and pollen patties?

I am listening to all information as I need to get them something by next weekend or they are going to starve out. Thanks

Default Re: Feeding hives during the winter

It's the wrong time of year for syrup. Dry sugar would be the quickest way to give them emergency feed. Fondant would work as well. Pollen patties are ok but if the hives are very light the main thing is to make sugar available right away.

Do searches for "Dry Sugar", "Mountain Camp", or "Fondant" and you will find more information about it. You are not alone, there are a lot of people in the same boat.
    To everything there is a season....

Default Re: Feeding hives during the winter

Dry sugar, candy boards, or frames of capped honey saved for this purpose.
    Pearl City Apiary Michael and Loucil Bach

Smile Re: Feeding hives during the winter

Im really pressed for time or id make the myself and only have a few hives. So i went the easy route and bought Dadant winter patties. Mine were also light. Not the cheapest route, but path of least resistance?

QUOTE=mleck;887434]I have about 5 hives that are weak in stores to get them through the rest of the winter. What would everyone reccomend a plan to feed them to get them through to spring?

Dry sugar and pollen patties?

Syrup 1:1 mix and pollen patties?

I am listening to all information as I need to get them something by next weekend or they are going to starve out. Thanks[/QUOTE]