Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Need to give away all my bee supplies

5K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  milena 
#1 ·
I'm moving to a condo and won't have bees again (although I love them!). I have a custom made top bar hive with about 30 bars, all drawn out with comb (which you can keep, melt down, or toss). I have a ton of honey if you want it. You can have my bee suit, deerskin gloves, hive tools, smoker, etc.

I also have a single box from a langstroth hive, never used. Bottom board, copper roof.

Pick up in Fairfax City, VA, 22031.

#4 ·
Milena,

I would be happy to take them off your hands. I am a first year beek and currently building my first TB. I have bees coming at the end of March and was wondering if i needed to build another TB for expansion. I can P/U this eve (7pm or after) or tomorrow morn. I live in Bristow. You can email me if you wish to keep address/phone private or i can meet you at an alternate location. gmanmp@usa.net

#6 ·
I second what Dixiebooks says. ONly about 10% of my hives are on my property. I have never had a farmer turn me down when I asked to set up a bee yard at the edge of his field. There are thousands of acres of rural land within 2 miles of my house. Keep your bees unless there is something other than the move preventing you from doing so.

#8 ·
Thanks for the replies. I am hoping to get rid of everything at the same time, to someone who can pick it up. I've replied to one or two of you and will let you know if I'm not able to get rid of it all and need to get rid of it bit by bit.

As a single parent of two with a full time job and sucky commute, I just can't commit to visiting my bees on someone's property on a weekly basis. I don't want to be a bee-haver. Maybe if I'm ever able to retire I can try again. Sure do love bees!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.