Default Cappings bag query

OK doing my first processing with my Maxant 3100P and have 1 bucket of honey. However I also have 1 1/2 buckets of cappings and funky comb that had to be cut out. I have the cappings bags from BM and need to know if I mash them or just put them in the bags and spin?
    Thanks in advance, Mike

Update, crush first works better. W/O was OK, but some chunks did not get emptied (still sealed).
    Last edited by mmmooretx; 09-07-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    Mike
    N5RWH - 9a

Default Re: Cappings bag query

I ended up getting 10 gallons from 4 hive, 3 of which I started from package bees on 6 April. I will bottle tomorrow.
    Mike
    N5RWH - 9a

Very nice Mike!
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

Thanks Charlie B, always a pleasure hearing from you. I am continually suprised how much in demand minimally processed honey is.
    Mike
    N5RWH - 9a

How did those BM cappings bags work for you Mike? I'm thinking about giving them a try.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

I always try to crush first and then spin. You still end up with some left in the cappings but it's not so bad. GOOD honey though!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie B View Post
    How did those BM cappings bags work for you Mike? I'm thinking about giving them a try.
    They worked out pretty well and I am pleased with them. The ergonomics of pouring your crushed mix into the bag while holding up and open was fun, but workable. I put around 2 quarts of mash into each of the three bags. When the spin was finished I dumped the wax onto a cookie sheet and let the bees clean up the rest. I just rinsed the bags in cold water, spray setting, and that got virtually all cleaned up. Only a couple of wax flakes were left. They have a set of hooks built in, not shown in the current catalog picture. They do what they were designed to do and seem pretty sturdy as a design and material looks like it will hold up well. I would probably buy again.
    Mike
    N5RWH - 9a