Default CA Franchise Tax Board

Any non-california based Almond goers wanna share thier experience with the Franchise Tax Board?

We are still waiting on our 2011 refund from CA. We had around $62,000 withheld, after doing our paperwork the actual tax was about $7,000, and now we are playing the waiting game for the check is in the mail.

How did they ever come up with 7% of the gross being a proper withholding?

Now im trying to file for a reduced withholding to get the amoun withheld down to a number to what are actual tax should be and they are kicking it back to me. And of course today is a federal holiday so i won't get a respoonse until tomorrow if im lucky.

Does anyone have any advice to dealing with them?

A Frustrated Migratory Beekeeper

Default Re: CA Franchise Tax Board

They still have three years worth of mine........haven't been able to get a dime back. They don't return calls, I can't even remember how many different forms they've asked for. I finally went to a "Tax Payer Advocacy" group that supposedly got it all taken care of but I've seen no money and I keep getting threats to file liens on me even though they owe me (lots) of money. I filed for the reduced withholding....they said it would take 21 days.....that was over a month ago and I've heard nothing. Hope you have better luck then I've had.

wow, I cant believe that- I am sorry to hear that. California has got to have some of the worst finances of any state and they have one of the most high taxing states and they are still broke. Well I see how they are "balancing" their budget

I have heard from other beekeepers of a shortage of almond bees and at least part of it is attributed to the high taxes and beaurocracy

Well, my luck finally turned. The check from the california government has finally arrived. Only six months after filing.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroZomBEE View Post
    The check from the california government has finally arrived.
    Great! I'd guess you will be buying a couple of rounds of mead for the boys at the bar tonight ...

Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Nah, time to order more fermenter tanks for our brewery....

California is going to keep all small businesses from coming in and drive all existing small businesses out. Then where will they be? Sorry you guys have taken it so hard in the shorts from that bankrupt backward state.
    -Rob Bliss
    Bliss Honey and bee supplies

From Gray Davis to the Governator to Governor Moonbeam they don't call it La La Land for nothing.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Ahhh, the land of fruits & nuts.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Im surprised you got money back so soon!
    Coyote Creek Bees