Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Who Is Your Beekeeping Role Model?

13K views 43 replies 38 participants last post by  DonShackelford 
#1 ·
Michael Bush

#40 ·
I got the honeybee bug from spending summers with my Grandfather. His Grandfather kept bees too. More recently, I've gotten a lot of great advice from people on this forum and others. I'm really excited to try more of Mike Palmer's ideas around nuc management, and to mix in some of my own ideas along the way. If I figure out anything good, then I'll be happy to bring it back to this forum to share it.

#41 ·
My role model for hive set up is Jerry Hayes for the "Queen Excluder or Honey Excluder?" and Michael Bush for the narrow frame beekeeping technique and the bees for just doing what they have to do to survive my "help"

#42 ·
Brother Adam. I want to be 89 years old, trekking through Africa looking for new sources of bee genetics to add to my world famous line of queens.

Yeah, I know, dream on. If I'm REALLY luckily, when I'm 89 I might still be able to tie my own shoe laces. :)

#43 ·
I need to add Michael Bush to my list for foundationless frames, although I have to admit to a love/hate relationship with them. Being a cheapskate, I love the cost. They do require more work to get a good frame of worker cells, and my particular (superior :)) design is labor intensive. I'm hoping to improve cell quality by focusing on nucs this season for increase and comb building.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.