Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Who Is Your Beekeeping Role Model?

13K views 43 replies 38 participants last post by  DonShackelford 
#1 ·
Michael Bush

#8 ·
In no particular order: Michael Bush (got me into beekeeping relatively cheaply), Roland (Wisconsin beekeeping virtual mentor), Mel Disselkoen (MDA splitter outbreeding the mites), Michael Palmer (Nuc guru), Jim Kloek of Natures Nectar (My most local resource), Allen Dick (Retired Canadian Beekeeper, and Diary Writer).

#14 ·
Michael Bush (have his book), Michael Palmer (anxiously waiting for his book), the bees... and countless others who take the time to answer questions and post information online in places like Beesource, and their own websites.

#15 ·
Locally my mentor is the President of our Beekeeping club - a sharp man with a lot of practical knowledge. My Beesource mentor is definitely Oldtimer. I read everything he has to say and he's been kind enough to PM me about several problems I've had. On the internet generally it would be Michael Bush and Randy Oliver.

#26 ·
My Grandfather, He started bee keeping around the end of WW2 in Scandinavia/Baltic coast, starting with a Warre like TB hive and eventually adding frames then going to Langstroth like hive in the late 70's. It wasn't his primary income, he was a fisherman till he retired in the 80's, but always had bees and now while he turns 91 next week he still has a hive, just for fun now. What more could you aim for?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.