Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Who Is Your Beekeeping Role Model?

My role model for hive set up is Jerry Hayes for the "Queen Excluder or Honey Excluder?" and Michael Bush for the narrow frame beekeeping technique and the bees for just doing what they have to do to survive my "help"
    “Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end”

Brother Adam. I want to be 89 years old, trekking through Africa looking for new sources of bee genetics to add to my world famous line of queens.

Yeah, I know, dream on. If I'm REALLY luckily, when I'm 89 I might still be able to tie my own shoe laces.

I need to add Michael Bush to my list for foundationless frames, although I have to admit to a love/hate relationship with them. Being a cheapskate, I love the cost. They do require more work to get a good frame of worker cells, and my particular (superior ) design is labor intensive. I'm hoping to improve cell quality by focusing on nucs this season for increase and comb building.

Quote Originally Posted by jdawdy View Post
    If I'm REALLY luckily, when I'm 89 I might still be able to tie my own shoe laces.
    That's why I listed Mike Palmer as my primary role model for his 5 over 5 nucs. I'm no spring chicken, so I figure I can keep bees as long as I can lift a 5 frame deep.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123