BeeGhost, here is more...

Memories took me as far far back. When I was in elementary school, I think at the 5th grade, there was a swarm of honey bees up the tree by the school playground. At recess, we were all fascinated by the bees. The kids not knowing anything took off their shoes and threw at the swarm. About 5 or 6 shoes went at the same time. No hall monitor at that time yet or they were not there when this happened. Some bees dropped off the branches and then flew back to the swarm again. It was an amazing sight to see them flying up and fallen again when the shoes hit them.
When it was my turn to get closer, it was another story. Someone threw the shoes so close at the swarm that a big chunk of bees fell off and flew everywhere all over the kids. Some had landed on my head as well other children too. We all quickly scrambled off. I got stung on my head 2 times right in the middle. And so was some other kids too. During this time the hall monitor were there also. She got bees flying around all over her head and clothes. You guess it! A normal human being reaction was to brush off the bees like hitting a fly with their hands. But she still trying to move the children away from the danger as possible. Yep, we all ran like crazy. I got stung and didn't tell anybody until today. Good thread to start.
Maybe that was the seed that started it all? But it is the connection and learning that keep the fire still burning
after all those....

Gosh, still get sting even til now.... Just got stung 2 days ago by one honey bee and at night time too. Heee, he!