Big Grin HELLOOOOOO!!!! East Coaster Moving to Los Angeles wants to keep bees!!

Hello .. I just joined teh forum..Ive had a fascination with bees from a dream i had.. Came to the conclusion that bees are the teachers of how to spread love and after reading Rudolph Steiners "Bees" book.. alot of my thoughts were noted in his lectures...

so since im moving to LA i want to start to keep Bees. and here is my first attempt at reaching out to the world..

HELLO BEE SOURCE!!!

Carl G

Default Re: HELLOOOOOO!!!! East Coaster Moving to Los Angeles wants to keep bees!!

Welcome to the site. Good luck in LA. Can't imagine heading to a place like that to live. I got upset a few years ago when I was able to see a street light a half mile away from me. I like isolation. Peace out! :-)

Default Re: HELLOOOOOO!!!! East Coaster Moving to Los Angeles wants to keep bees!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer128 View Post
    I got upset a few years ago when I was able to see a street light a half mile away from me.
    What is a street light?
    Like us on facebook This is the place to bee!
    Ralph

Welcome Carl! Are you talking about white lights along the side of the road or those lights I heard change colors? There are some of the changing lghts about 14 miles from our farm.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that this mans book will show you how to spread the "love." One of the most devastating divorces in the beekeeping industry I personally have witnessed was by 2 folks who bought into Steiner's esoteric concepts. They fooled around "for experience" as Steiner advocates and since they drank the Koolaid the reaped the consequences as did their three currently depredated children.

It is true that working with the bees can teach you many attributes if you are open to learning. Patience, humbleness, and fortitude among others which easily come to mind.

The bees by themselves really don't show the love in most cases. Often you will be shown how nasty this world really is. Stings, viruses, stolen hives, blackouts from exhaustion working the hive aren't most peoples idea of heaven if that's what you seek.

Welcome Carl! You might want to consider getting your bees before the move, as Los Angelelino youngsters will require smart phones, yoga classes, credit cards and self-actualization workshops . I have found bees to be great teachers indeed, but their message is most audible IMO when listened to free from agenda or preconception. The girls definitely haven't read the books and listened to the lectures from any of the greats . Beesource is the go-to resource for learning the different approaches and then letting the bee experience teach you and your girls together.

Definitely connect with a local club and mentor, and now's the time to get equipment ordered and assembled. Welcome to beekeeping, you'll love it!!
    Bees, brews and fun
    in Lyons, CO

Welcome to the west coast Carl. I'm up in the SF bay area.
    Look into one of the clubs down there, I know there is an Orange County beekeepers assoc. You will have to learn about keeping bees in an AHB area.
    Dan

Welcome Carl. Check out Backwards Beekeepers when you get to LA.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org