Default I love this time of year in CA!!

I do a lot of waterfowling in the San Joaquin valley and love driving down Hwy 5 towards Los Banos from Tracy and seeing TONS of beehives staged and getting ready for almond pollination!!

I also took a back road to Los Banos when the highway speed was going about 35 MPH and I wasn't disappointed, pallets of bees everywhere! I thought about stopping a few times and just taking pictures, but didn't want someone to think I am casing the place!!

Definitely a sight to see!!

Anyone on here staging off Hwy 5 North of Los Banos??
    Coyote Creek Bees

Default Re: I love this time of year in CA!!

That would be a sight to see. Wish you would have taken a couple of pics from the window for us snow birds.
    Try living life with the attitude it's not about what you want to do but what you should do!

Sure wish it would warm up, 20's-40's isn't quit brooding weather. Mother nature giving us a run for our money trying to get sub on.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    Sure wish it would warm up, 20's-40's isn't quit brooding weather. Mother nature giving us a run for our money trying to get sub on.

Agreed, Bit cold to crack them last week or two. Once the rain bailed out the cold moved in. Why don't don't you take them in the shop... put a couple of scraggly ol blue boxes in the firepit and warm them up before you feed them lunch? 1 month till D-day.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    That would be a sight to see. Wish you would have taken a couple of pics from the window for us snow birds.
    I'll be heading back down on Wednesday, I'll stop and take some pictures. It is amazing to see, for a hobbiest like me!! There is one staging yard that has to have over 1000 hives easily!! Seen a couple places where the pallets are stacked two high, looked pretty iffy and I hope a strong wind doesn't come up!!
    Coyote Creek Bees

I'd love to see photos!