Hello all,

I need some help with what I found in one of my hives today. I live in SC and it's about 75 degrees today. I opened both of my hives and had some interesting findings....
My strong hive appears to be done. Almost empty. I removed the supers and got down into the brood boxes, and there are not many bees there to speak of. I'm thinking that the ones that are there may be robbers. There is hardly any brood there. This is my first year as a beekeeper. I had two supers full of honey and I elected to leave them on to carry them through the winter. Going into the season, there wasn't much honey in the brood boxes. Anyway, I'm thinking that I'll take the hive down and start again in the spring. I did want to make sure, however, that I am not looking at a disease first, such as AFB. Here are some pics -

Debris.JPGDebris1.JPGSide view.JPGTongue.JPG

Oddly enough, I thought for sure that my other hive would bite the dust early. It didn't have as much honey going into winter and was smaller. I had countless issues with it last season, including laying workers......