Default EcoBee Box - Has anyone dealt with company and used product? Comments

I don't have the equipment to do box joints so saw the ad for EcoBee Box corner braces in one of the bee mags.
    Thought this might be a good way to make a simple box with just a couple of cuts.
    How do they do? How was your service with the company? would you recommend the company and the product?
    General comments

Default Re: EcoBee Box - Has anyone dealt with company and used product? Comments

Seriously? eek: After thirty plus years of beekeeping I would place this product on top of the pile labeled "Just plain dumb ideas" of which I have had many. If this product is still available on the market in 10 years I will be very surprised. All the other options available to beekeepers are clearly better.

Default Re: EcoBee Box - Has anyone dealt with company and used product? Comments

You dont have to do a fancy box joint, you could just use rabbet joints.

It's a ripoff.
    Just buy the boxes pre-cut; it's cheaper than the hardware.

I don't know if it is a ripoff as I've never priced out having them made but.. they do cost more than a box itself so a bad value to be sure imo.

Here's some additional feedback:

Albert: When you say you are going to do something, do it. It is not the fault of your customer when you forget to ship items. I made my order on 2/14 and you promised shipping in 3 days. It is now 3/22 and I still have yet to receive my whole PAID FOR order! You have lied to me this entire time... I am not asking for anything I did not pay for but I DID PAY...Now you want additional shipping charges for YOUR mistake? Reprehensible...

Be wary and get EVERYTHING in writing when dealing with Eco Bee Box!

You can get very good prices on woodware if you shop. I know shipping is the back breaker, but I would wager you could buy Westernbee.com budget boxes and get them delivered cheaper than buying wood and those Rube Goldbergs! You must have some southern mills making bee boxes reasonably too! Don't think the $15-$20 boxes are what everyone buys.

You can cut rabbets with a table saw even if you don't have a dado pack.
    Zone 5a @ 4700 ft. High Desert
    Facebook