Hybrid View

Default EcoBee Box - Has anyone dealt with company and used product? Comments

I don't have the equipment to do box joints so saw the ad for EcoBee Box corner braces in one of the bee mags.
    Thought this might be a good way to make a simple box with just a couple of cuts.
    How do they do? How was your service with the company? would you recommend the company and the product?
    General comments

Default Re: EcoBee Box - Has anyone dealt with company and used product? Comments

Seriously? eek: After thirty plus years of beekeeping I would place this product on top of the pile labeled "Just plain dumb ideas" of which I have had many. If this product is still available on the market in 10 years I will be very surprised. All the other options available to beekeepers are clearly better.

Default Re: EcoBee Box - Has anyone dealt with company and used product? Comments

You dont have to do a fancy box joint, you could just use rabbet joints.

It's a ripoff.
    Just buy the boxes pre-cut; it's cheaper than the hardware.

I don't know if it is a ripoff as I've never priced out having them made but.. they do cost more than a box itself so a bad value to be sure imo.

Here's some additional feedback:

Albert: When you say you are going to do something, do it. It is not the fault of your customer when you forget to ship items. I made my order on 2/14 and you promised shipping in 3 days. It is now 3/22 and I still have yet to receive my whole PAID FOR order! You have lied to me this entire time... I am not asking for anything I did not pay for but I DID PAY...Now you want additional shipping charges for YOUR mistake? Reprehensible...

Be wary and get EVERYTHING in writing when dealing with Eco Bee Box!