Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

City Bees - post your apiary photos!

9K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  NasalSponge 
#1 ·
Greetings all,
I am interested in seeing some of your in-town apiaries. Please post pictures of them here. I realize this may be a bad time of the year to do so, but we'll give it a shot anyway! So, please share your photos! Thanks in advance.

#13 ·
I use 3/4" plywood with a coat of primer and two finish coats on both sides and the edges for my migratory tops. SOme of what you are seeing in the home picture are telescoping lids and some are raw plywood that I pressed into service when I failed to have enough equipment made up ahead of time to handle the growing needs of the yard. I have since built all new migratories and will be adding them theis weekend.

#11 ·
100' from the slow lane of Highway 101. That pile driver is building a freeway wall. Hives on trailers to quickly flee zoning officer. Four foot tall sideboards on drop box don't hide hives in summer for too long when you are as good a honey producer as I am.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.