Thread: Cordovan queen

Default Cordovan queen

Please give me your takes on Cordovan queens, as far as temperament and traits! Input will be appreciated! Thinking ahead for splits I plan to make! Tia!

Default Re: Cordovan queen

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieWoosley View Post
    Please give me your takes on Cordovan queens, as far as temperament and traits! Input will be appreciated! Thinking ahead for splits I plan to make! Tia!
    Easy to find the queen. Cordovans tend not to shut down as well during winter. Personally i like them very much. The ones I have are not tempermental. I run Stock from Russell Apairies

I thought Cordovan was just a color mutation? I know one of my queens is half anyways, fairly easy to work with.

Cordovan is a color trait any type of bee can be selected to have it. But I do see a difference in wintering from Cordovan to none Cordovan they tend to not do as well in the colder areas. But they are pretty girls for shure.

Agreed I soured on Cordovans years ago when wintering in the North I I bought 100 and a year later they were pretty much all gone. I still haven't gotten over my Cordovan "racism".
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I have had excellent resutls with mine and expect to add more this spring.Mine are from Mike's Bees in Ohio.