Thread: R. H. Shumway's

Default R. H. Shumway's

I got a catalog from this outfit out of Randolph Wisconsin. Has anyone used them? I see some interesting cultivars but would like some feedback from anyone who has bought their plants. Thanks in advance. I am smitten with the idea of a fruit bearing shrub called the Honeyberry. Supposed to be a blueberry flavored member of honeysuckle family. Additionally, has anyone grown lingonberries?

Default Re: R. H. Shumway's

Mom used to buy from them; I think she still does, but I'm not sure. All I know is that our garden is always great! We have a 10,000 square foot garden, which usually well supplies our family of twelve (10 children).

They have been in business for many years. I have bought some of the Heirloom seeds from them. Old stock that we planted as a kid that you do not find in a normal seed catalog.

I bought seeds from them last year. Neat catalog, but a little overpriced. Some of the seeds we bought had a very low germination percentage.
    Your inferiority complex is better than mine.

I buy heirloom seed from them each year and have always been pleased with the results.I getting ready to order some clover seed now.