Thread: Wedding Favors

Default Wedding Favors

A friend is getting married and wants to give out small honey bottles as favors. Anyone seen any appropriate unique containers? I have the 2 oz bears but they want something a little larger, preferably big enough for a custom label. Any ideas?

Default Re: Wedding Favors

A couple years back we gave out jars like these:

http://www.ebeehoney.com/wildflower_...2oz_round.html

I don't remember the source we got them from but they were empty....unlike the ones in the link. We ordered the labels from Amy who we found from this site. Used our own honey and that was it. As I recall, the small jars were on the expensive side so we went with plain round ones. Even those weren't cheap but then again, it was for our sons wedding so it's not like we were retailing the finished product out and looking for a profit.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

I'd go with these:

http://www.gambercontainer.com/store...ars/1-5-oz-hex

Price doesn't include lids, so be sure to tell them you want lids. Also, if you go w/these, they take lug lids (not threaded lids), so just be sure they're on tight and straight (don't ask me how I know )

A couple of years ago a girl came to us with that idea for her wedding. She got the containers that she wanted at Ikea.

We used the 4 oz Hex jars with a nice label from Betterbee I think. Printed with their names and date of wedding. We also included a beeswax votive candle in a tiny clay flowerpot.

On Etsy there is a store that sell honey jar wedding favors. You may want to check them out for some ideas

Chris in NJ

Agralogix recently began the manufacture the 4 oz. Muth, which will be available around the first week of February. Currently, Blue Sky Bee Supply will be the first supplier to have stock, but there will be other suppliers as well, such as muthjars,com (whose site is not currently active).

Blue Sky Bee Supply is now taking pre-orders for first come, first served, for 4 oz. Muth orders.

PM us (agralogix) directly only if interested in pallet orders for the 4 oz. Muths, which is 180 cases of 36 ct. containers with corks.

American Science and Surplus has some cute glass and plastic containers too... I've used them for gifts (not honey, mostly 'skilttles vodka' and cherry version of limoncello.. what can I say I know alot of people who love vodka)

http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm/.../7/category/78

just realized most will not be big enough for a label, or it may be tight, so maybe a label tied on with a ribbon?

smallest label I produced fit just right on the small bears, mini labels I ordered from Moo.com. If you do order from there, google for a coupon code first!!
    to bee or not to bee ~ that is the question

we had a party after we eloped (after 16 years together but that is another story.) We too used 4 oz hex jars I believe.. maybe larger. I used a business card template on vistaprint.. and made a nice "label" to attach- Something like, "thanks for be-eing here" or who knows what- but it was sweet and hopefully not too kitchy.... and punched a hole and tied it on the jar using voile circles (cheaply available) and a gold elastic band- all from www.papermart.com I believe. Looked nice and everyone LOVED the honey.

I fail to upload photos here, not sure why- but if you pm me your email, I can send you a photo or I will maybe try the photobucket route..
    karla