Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5/8 gone

Default Re: 5/8 gone

way to go rio!
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

The problem is the weather, it is going to have lows around 30 for the next week at least. Highs in the low 50's. I hope they make it.
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 12 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.

not ideal rio, but that honey you gave them should help alot.

Even with the cold weather all 6 colonies are doing well. The 4 packages released the queen and the queens are laying. I did not open them for one week after instillation.

awesome man, they'll be foraging more and more as it warms up, that head start you gave should make a big difference. thanks for keeping us posted.

They are bringing in loads of dandelion pollen and the willows are bloom.

We have had an unusually warm spring. Sounds like what my bees where doing in early March. Colonies are swarming now. I have one that is trying. Will remove the queen and some brood today to prevent loosing them.

I had two 5 frame nucs that went through the winter. They are both 10 frames deeps with a 10 frame med on top and very full. I will be adding two more med boxes to them today. they can build up fast So keep an eye on them and give them room as they need it. For the most part my bees where able to hold their own once the pollen started coming in. I think they needed a little help with keeping water though.

My bees have been going through the high of 50 low of 30 every other week for a month and a half. they do just fine. It got to 75 yesterday by the middle of next week it may be cool again. They have managed to bring a lot of brood through those conditions.

best of luck.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234