Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

newbe bee keeper i hope

4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  stonecaty 
#1 ·
I have bees in a hole in the tree.the land owner was going to spray them but i talked him into letting me to try to get them out.if i do not get the Queen how quick should buy a Queen and try to Queen them.i can not cut the tree so i am going to put a nuke box up at the hole and make a funnel to put over the hole.is there any way to get all them out? I built a top bar hive to put them in if i can get them

#4 ·
#7 ·
Some Beesource member make the built in photo attachment feature work for them, but for me and some others, it much simpler to upload photos to a free host like Photobucket.com, then link to those photos here at Beesource. Depending on the link style you choose, photos can be displayed here either inline in your message or as a clickable link.

#12 ·
gOOD LUCK,WHAT IS THE TEMPERATURE THERE AND HOW SOON DO YOU HAVE TO DO THE JOB? i AM THINKING IT WOULD BE BETTER TO DO IT IN THE SPRING. wOULD BEES CAUGHT DIE BECAQUSE OF THE COLD? fOOD FOR THEM i THINK LEAVING THE TRAP UP COULD BE TO ME A LONG DRAWN OUT PROCESS. kEEP SEARCHING ON WHAT TO DO.. tALK WITH COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE. cANADA GOVERNMENT HAS SOME GOOD DATQ ON LINE ABOUT BEES.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.