Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Queen catcher clips

27K views 69 replies 38 participants last post by  Cliffton Leverett 
#1 · (Edited)
I have the opportunity to purchase 1000 queen catcher clips. I can offer these to others for a min order of 10 at the cost of about $1.60 each that includes all postage etc. Price at this time is estimate and subject to change if the cost to me changes.

Here is a picture of the type of queen catcher.
Product Transparency Glass

I don't need 1000 clips so am looking for others that are interested in them. If I get enough interest I will order them and let anyone that shows interest in this thread know when I have them.

List do far

Members from another group 125 or more
This group 90 or so
Total so far 215
My-smokepole 10
fieldsofnaturalhoney 5 (offer is for a box of 10. I will contact you on this though)
NorthwestQueens 10
mtndewluvr 10
Charlie B 15
bhfury 10
EastSideBuzz 20
bevy's honeybees 10

See less See more
#55 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase 1000 queen catcher clips. I can offer these to others for a min order of 10 at the cost of about $1.60 each that includes all postage etc. Price at this time is estimate and subject to change if the cost to me changes.

Here is a picture of the type of queen catcher.
View attachment 3878

I don't need 1000 clips so am looking for others that are interested in them. If I get enough interest I will order them and let anyone that shows interest in this thread know when I have them.

List do far

Members from another group 125 or more
This group 90 or so
Total so far 215
My-smokepole 10
fieldsofnaturalhoney 5 (offer is for a box of 10. I will contact you on this though)
NorthwestQueens 10
mtndewluvr 10
Charlie B 15
bhfury 10
EastSideBuzz 20
bevy's honeybees 10
Why is this in the General Beekeeping Forum and not in the For Sale Forum? Just curious.

Apparently some folks like these devices. Why would one need more than two?

#57 ·
Apparently some folks like these devices. Why would one need more than two?
I misplace them all the time. They usually show up at a time I don't need them. I have 2 right now, one I can tell you where it is. Also, to share with other beekeepers, like my mentor. I plan to give away around 5 of them.

#56 ·
Because they are specific to queen breeding? Plus he hasn't actually got them "in hand" to sell (which is I believe one of the requirements of the For Sale Forum). He's still waiting for them to ship.

Because they break and are not that easy (or cheap) to replace? (Look how long it is taking to get this batch!)

:D

Rusty

#59 ·
Mr. Beeman. No that is not the company. But I have looked at several and gotten quotes form many of them before settling on the once I did order from. This name does not sound familiar but I woudl not say I didn't contact them. I just don't remember that name. Alibaba is one of the places I use to find sources of products. not always the best. they are sort of the Finger Hut of the system. You make one contact on there and you get 5 spam e-mails a day of Alibaba trying to "Help" you find products that match your interests. To be fair they do offer some protections in regard to making purchases though.

#63 ·
Sorry to say folks but this purchase fell apart. I received a refund rather than a package. I am in the process of looking for another supplier. Right now I am buried in work. I have 4 separate projects around the house ranging form fence building to bathroom remodels. I just built 9 new med supers last night and will start the frames for them on Monday. I am out of town for the weekend and if that is not enough it is the start of a busy period at work with commencement happening on May 18th. the next month at work is about getting every nook and cranny on campus in polished condition.

So it may be a while before I get back with any news. I just wanted to let all of you know this order is not going to happen.

This company was a general importer/exporter. I will be looking for a beekeeping supplier specifically next time. This is a first for me. I have had deals have problems before but never one that got cancelled.

#65 ·
Well, Hmm. I got a reply to my impossible terms. I was actually a bit surprised. The e-mail said they where looking at meeting my terms of shipping this order once they do have clips at no cost. So we will see.

Until then I am keeping the list and once I have located clips I will be in contact. I have no question that some will have lost interest after this much time but I also am confident that any extra clips will still sell. I have had a fairly steady stream of requests since posting this and was already seeing a need to place a second order. Eventually the demand will die down and hopefully I can just have these on hand to mail as requests come up. Makes everything Lot smoother that way. In the mean time it is a lot of work to get to that point. Sometimes more than it really should take. I will be shocked if they actually follow through on this offer to ship the clips at their cost though. But I am also shocked they even offered to try and meet it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.