Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Queen catcher clips

27K views 69 replies 38 participants last post by  Cliffton Leverett 
#1 · (Edited)
I have the opportunity to purchase 1000 queen catcher clips. I can offer these to others for a min order of 10 at the cost of about $1.60 each that includes all postage etc. Price at this time is estimate and subject to change if the cost to me changes.

Here is a picture of the type of queen catcher.
Product Transparency Glass

I don't need 1000 clips so am looking for others that are interested in them. If I get enough interest I will order them and let anyone that shows interest in this thread know when I have them.

List do far

Members from another group 125 or more
This group 90 or so
Total so far 215
My-smokepole 10
fieldsofnaturalhoney 5 (offer is for a box of 10. I will contact you on this though)
NorthwestQueens 10
mtndewluvr 10
Charlie B 15
bhfury 10
EastSideBuzz 20
bevy's honeybees 10

See less See more
#34 ·
I have this offer running on two different groups. One of the problems with that is I tend to forget what I have posted where and when. I don't really have time to search the entire thread to see if I posted updates. So if I get redundant I apologize now.

Tdog and oblib you are both on the list.

Recent info is that the Chinese new year will interfere with this order. I am not expecting to get this order until mid February. The problem is in the shipping department. Most people that deal with China are aware of the bottle neck there holiday causes and try to get order through before it happens. this causes a huge problem for there shipping departments. sort of like Christmas does here in the US.

Anyway even if I pay for the order today they do not think they could get it shipped until after their new year. This is not anything weird. I have dealt with this every year I have been doing this. I transferred the money to my pay pal account and am waiting for pay pal to show it in my balance. that takes a few days. Good news is I did the transfer a few days ago so I should have the money where I need it any moment.

So that is how things set at the moment. So everyone keep fingers crossed and with a little luck you will all have nice new queen clips when you get out to play with the bees in the spring. Besides if I get them to you to soon you will just stash them away and have forgotten what you did with them when you need them anyway. I get more reorders that way.

#36 ·
Payment was sent mid morning yesterday. I was reminded again that the Holiday will delay shipping.
I will let you all know when the clips arrive. Don't expect it until the latter half of Feb at best.

#38 ·
With NGAnderson above I am right at half the clips spoken for and several people saying they may up their order depending on how many clips fit in a box. My best guess is that possibly 2/3rds of these clips will be reserved before I even get them.

#40 ·
Penzi, you are on the list.

As of this morning 690 out of 1000 clips are spoken for. At that rate by tomorrow at this time they could be gone.

I can make a second order if there is enough demand after this one is complete. the only way I can order more than 1000 in this order is if people pay in advance. I am trying to avoid that.

#41 ·
As of this post there are only 110 clips remaining. IF there are still people out there that are interested and the number goes over 1000. I will see what I can do to accommodate you. Anything more than the 1000 pc order I will have to collect pre payment for. I have all the money I could come up with tied up in this already.

#44 ·
Mike and David, You are both on the list.
There are only about 50 of these remaining so I will not be taking any more requests for them. I need to leave room for any defective clips in the shipment etc.

I don't know if I posted it here or on the other group. But I don't do the pay pal gift route. It results in all the money I collect having to be claimed on my taxes. Pay Pal reports to the IRS if you have more than a certain amount of money sent to you each year. One of the biggest buys I did resulted in over $45,000 passing through my account.

I may be switching to another payment method that is lower cost though. I have to get it checked out. Pay pal when it is payment for goods makes sure I get things like shipping address. it confirms those addresses it also confirms the payment. It gives both the buyer and the seller protection. It allows me to make refunds with no fees or hassles. It confirms to you I printed the postage for your package etc.

#46 ·
No, and there shouldn't be. I was told from the get go to not expect them to ship until after Feb. 16th. And that is the date that the factories get started back up. they will have a back log of orders to fill from the holiday break. Just how far down the line our order is I don't know.
So the actual date it ships could be even later. I will ask for an update tomorrow.

#49 ·
Greg, I will put you on the list with no guarantees. if someone else backs out or I don't have clips left over after making up the current orders I will let you know. I am making a future list of people interested to see if it is worth making a second order at a future time.

Update as of now. Our order has been combined with a larger one for Australia and will be produced with that order. What that did is bumped us up the list by quite a ways. The date they are expected to be ready for now is March 8th. Now that the Holiday is over they actually have the production run scheduled. As long as nothing prevents them from staying on schedule this date will be far more reliable. Keep in mind this is a factory and to stay on schedule they have to have no breakdowns. no labor shortages (not everyone has returned from holiday) and no larger orders that get pushed in front of ours. So changes can and often will happen.

#51 ·
Good excuse to make an update. Shipping date is now pushed back to the end of the month and still they are saying it may be even later. Delays in shipping are not uncommon but I will say this is the longest delay I have seen from China. I have had much longer ones from India.

In all this company is failing in almost every regard. There first estimated delivery date was Feb,. 14th. It is now past March 14th and all indications say it may not be until April 14th that I can expect to see them. This is pushing a quarter of a year turn around. not at all what I am looking for in a supplier. I am looking for more like 30 days at most.

#53 ·
Don't catch her with a clip, just place the queen marking tube over her on the comb. She'll crawl up a bit ..enough that you can use the soft plunger to push her up against the net. No problem if you get an attendant or two, they'll move enough that you can get to the queen to mark her.

Lot easier than chasing her on the comb with a clip.....

#54 ·
Oblib, I have managed a buy that included well over $25,000 of other peoples money, had 8 months of delay and not one accusation I was ripping anyone off. Of course I had established my reputation in that group also. I will say it got stressful at times but it all ended well.

I am a stand up guy but have yet to be able to demonstrate it here. lets hope I never have to to that degree. The story is what it is. I am not writing it just translating it. However this ends is in the hands of the suppliers.

I am glad i did not take pre payment though. It helps keep the stress on me down. It is one thing to risk my money. It is a whole different thing when it is everyone elses.

My main concern is how this looks to the group. this is the first time I have tried this here and it is somewhat important to make a good showing. At the same time it is also important to let people get a realistic idea of what this takes.

I sent them an e-ail saying they need to ship the order or refund my money by the end of the week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.