Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Queen catcher clips

As of this post there are only 110 clips remaining. IF there are still people out there that are interested and the number goes over 1000. I will see what I can do to accommodate you. Anything more than the 1000 pc order I will have to collect pre payment for. I have all the money I could come up with tied up in this already.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Hi Daniel,
    If still available I will take 10.
    Thanks,
    Mike

I'll take 20 if there are any available and I can pay Paypal as a gift so there will not be any fees.

Thanks

David

Mike and David, You are both on the list.
    There are only about 50 of these remaining so I will not be taking any more requests for them. I need to leave room for any defective clips in the shipment etc.

I don't know if I posted it here or on the other group. But I don't do the pay pal gift route. It results in all the money I collect having to be claimed on my taxes. Pay Pal reports to the IRS if you have more than a certain amount of money sent to you each year. One of the biggest buys I did resulted in over $45,000 passing through my account.

I may be switching to another payment method that is lower cost though. I have to get it checked out. Pay pal when it is payment for goods makes sure I get things like shipping address. it confirms those addresses it also confirms the payment. It gives both the buyer and the seller protection. It allows me to make refunds with no fees or hassles. It confirms to you I printed the postage for your package etc.

Any sign of our clips yet, Daniel?

Rusty
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper & Rusty's Bees ( LC and T)

No, and there shouldn't be. I was told from the get go to not expect them to ship until after Feb. 16th. And that is the date that the factories get started back up. they will have a back log of orders to fill from the holiday break. Just how far down the line our order is I don't know.
    So the actual date it ships could be even later. I will ask for an update tomorrow.

Thanks for the update!

Rusty

If you have still have some available, I'd like 10.

Greg, I will put you on the list with no guarantees. if someone else backs out or I don't have clips left over after making up the current orders I will let you know. I am making a future list of people interested to see if it is worth making a second order at a future time.

Update as of now. Our order has been combined with a larger one for Australia and will be produced with that order. What that did is bumped us up the list by quite a ways. The date they are expected to be ready for now is March 8th. Now that the Holiday is over they actually have the production run scheduled. As long as nothing prevents them from staying on schedule this date will be far more reliable. Keep in mind this is a factory and to stay on schedule they have to have no breakdowns. no labor shortages (not everyone has returned from holiday) and no larger orders that get pushed in front of ours. So changes can and often will happen.

I'll take 10 if someone backs out.

Good excuse to make an update. Shipping date is now pushed back to the end of the month and still they are saying it may be even later. Delays in shipping are not uncommon but I will say this is the longest delay I have seen from China. I have had much longer ones from India.

In all this company is failing in almost every regard. There first estimated delivery date was Feb,. 14th. It is now past March 14th and all indications say it may not be until April 14th that I can expect to see them. This is pushing a quarter of a year turn around. not at all what I am looking for in a supplier. I am looking for more like 30 days at most.

I'm just glad you didn't collect any money up front. Not that I'm worried about you, I just don't want to read posts from 1000 people about how you are ripping us off even though less than 100 are buying

Don't catch her with a clip, just place the queen marking tube over her on the comb. She'll crawl up a bit ..enough that you can use the soft plunger to push her up against the net. No problem if you get an attendant or two, they'll move enough that you can get to the queen to mark her.

Lot easier than chasing her on the comb with a clip.....
    http://OxaVap.com Your source for the Varrox Mite Killing
    OA Vaporizer "One of the highest ranked" by R. Oliver

Oblib, I have managed a buy that included well over $25,000 of other peoples money, had 8 months of delay and not one accusation I was ripping anyone off. Of course I had established my reputation in that group also. I will say it got stressful at times but it all ended well.

I am a stand up guy but have yet to be able to demonstrate it here. lets hope I never have to to that degree. The story is what it is. I am not writing it just translating it. However this ends is in the hands of the suppliers.

I am glad i did not take pre payment though. It helps keep the stress on me down. It is one thing to risk my money. It is a whole different thing when it is everyone elses.

My main concern is how this looks to the group. this is the first time I have tried this here and it is somewhat important to make a good showing. At the same time it is also important to let people get a realistic idea of what this takes.

I sent them an e-ail saying they need to ship the order or refund my money by the end of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Y View Post
    I have the opportunity to purchase 1000 queen catcher clips. I can offer these to others for a min order of 10 at the cost of about $1.60 each that includes all postage etc. Price at this time is estimate and subject to change if the cost to me changes.

Here is a picture of the type of queen catcher.
    Attachment 3878

I don't need 1000 clips so am looking for others that are interested in them. If I get enough interest I will order them and let anyone that shows interest in this thread know when I have them.

List do far

Members from another group 125 or more
    This group 90 or so
    Total so far 215
    My-smokepole 10
    fieldsofnaturalhoney 5 (offer is for a box of 10. I will contact you on this though)
    NorthwestQueens 10
    mtndewluvr 10
    Charlie B 15
    bhfury 10
    EastSideBuzz 20
    bevy's honeybees 10
    Why is this in the General Beekeeping Forum and not in the For Sale Forum? Just curious.

Apparently some folks like these devices. Why would one need more than two?
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

Because they are specific to queen breeding? Plus he hasn't actually got them "in hand" to sell (which is I believe one of the requirements of the For Sale Forum). He's still waiting for them to ship.

Because they break and are not that easy (or cheap) to replace? (Look how long it is taking to get this batch!)

Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post

Apparently some folks like these devices. Why would one need more than two?
    I misplace them all the time. They usually show up at a time I don't need them. I have 2 right now, one I can tell you where it is. Also, to share with other beekeepers, like my mentor. I plan to give away around 5 of them.
    Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prvb 16:24
    March 2010; +/- 30 hives, TF

You'd be surprised how many queens you can have in one swarm.

Daniel... is this the co. you ordered them from?
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/...n_Catcher.html

10 days shipping time

10000 units built per week
    Last edited by Mr.Beeman; 03-20-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Mr. Beeman. No that is not the company. But I have looked at several and gotten quotes form many of them before settling on the once I did order from. This name does not sound familiar but I woudl not say I didn't contact them. I just don't remember that name. Alibaba is one of the places I use to find sources of products. not always the best. they are sort of the Finger Hut of the system. You make one contact on there and you get 5 spam e-mails a day of Alibaba trying to "Help" you find products that match your interests. To be fair they do offer some protections in regard to making purchases though.

K..... I understand your frustration regarding this whole deal. We are ALL a bit frustrated. lol Swarm season is in full swing for some southerners, while we northerners have another month or so.
    I, for one, did not order queen clips through my usual supplier. I'm pretty patient though. You'll come through.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast